Holothele incei communal setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holothele incei communal setup

Hi all! Just thought I'd give an update on my H. incei communal setup as since joining the forum I've not had a chance. In August I got 3 H. incei slings, all 3 are in the same enclosure. Within a few hours they had all found their own little homes and began to start laying down web. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that one had moulted, and yesterday when I went to mist the tank I found that another one had also moulted. I very rarely see the slings as they spend alot of time in their burrows, but they all appear to be feeding as I put in 6-7 small crickets every 3-4 days and they soon disappear. I was wondering if anybody else on here has a similar setup and if they could share their experiences with me. I shall post some pics soon of the few glimpses I have had of them

Dave
    “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

Hi Dave, Any chance of some pics of your set-up? I thought about doing this myself in the summer but went for some GBBs instead. A few pics might help as I've not given up on the idea yet and might still go for it! Many thanks,
    Nicola
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Not sure if you have ever visited Arachnoboards over in the USA.

If you go down to the bottom of the above post there is a list of other threads one or two about communal set-ups.

If I could find 5 somewhere at a good price I would love to give it a go

Chris.

Comment

Hi Nicola, my set up is rather simple, it's just a 12x6x6 glass enclosure with alot of coco husk and cork bark in it

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	94020
        I haven't had any problems, although when one of the slings moulted I have no idea where it's shed is, I guess it's in the burrow somewhere ha ha. I also had a slight mould issue but the woodlice have sorted that for me

Thanks for the information Chris, it was on one of those forums I came across a Canadian set up that made me go for a communal set up

Dave
        “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

Comment

Working...
        X