The BTS Forum users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BTS Forum users.

Hi everyone. I notice that there many of you guys are forum members but have not actually joined the BTS as full members. Can I urge you all to join the club as real members and not just virtual ones. click on the link on the main page for details on how to join as a full member.

You recieve four hard copy journals per membership period and access to the members only site on the website where there are loads of downloadble back issues available. The hobby and the BTS needs members to survive. We love having you all on board and I am sure you get great advice from the forum so if you can please support us.

Angela Hale
    BTS Secretary
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Do it! It's well worth it guys!
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

We will for sure (me and Pedro Loureiro), It´s just a question of convertion of € into £

Comment

Originally posted by conceicao andre View Post
        We will for sure (me and Pedro Loureiro), It´s just a question of convertion of € into £
        If you have a paypal account in portugal then you should be able to pay in UK pounds I believe. If not a website like http://www.xe.com should be able to do the conversion for you. As a rough guide today you would need to pay 15.60 UK pounds + 4% paypal surcharge = 16.23 UK pounds which from the website is equivalent to 18.30 euros.

Hope that helps

Richard
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Go on, join up. The journal really is worth the money alone, never mind all the rest as well!
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Membership isn't a drastic overspend, apart from the free information on the forum, money off entrance at the BTS expo etc ..... you could just say the journals cost £4 (ish) each .... not much more than a monthly magazine.

looking at it realistically .... in a year .... if an individual could (for example)

knock off 5-6 pints
            buy 3-4 packs of fags less
            do a 100 miles or so less in the car
            make a couple of visits less to the bookies
            miss a chinese take-away one weekend

this saving would pay for membership.

Not telling anyone how to run their lives but finding £15 over a period of a year (less than 5p a day) is very do-able for a worthy cause.
            Its not just the forum staying open but the funding that we give to arachnologists world-wide to carry on the taxonomic work we will all benefit from in the future as hobbyists.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by R Thomas View Post
              If you have a paypal account in portugal then you should be able to pay in UK pounds I believe. If not a website like http://www.xe.com should be able to do the conversion for you. As a rough guide today you would need to pay 15.60 UK pounds + 4% paypal surcharge = 16.23 UK pounds which from the website is equivalent to 18.30 euros.

Hope that helps

Richard
              Hi
              Its actually £15.00 and the 60p is for the paypal costs.. which due to recent increases should be 80p...

Colin is correct £15.00 per annum, (or 4 issues) is a small price to pay.. glad to see you are using my idea on comparing Colin!

join today you know it makes sense

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
              Serious Ink tattoo studio -
              Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Also, if you are using Paypal, and are in a different country, the Paypal account will automatically convert for you.. and then tell you what it is in your currency. It took 5 mins.. and that is because I type slowly lol

Comment

I will throw in that as an officer of the ATS, with some extra privileges, I am and have been a paying member for several years. The way I look at it is pretty simple; I could take that money and get another spider, OR I could read something or learn about the native habitat of the ones I already have which may prolong their lives. Not only is it a selfish endeavor for more knowledge, but with the size of our hobby, every organization can use the support. Finally, while nearly everything is available online, the authors of the articles in both magazines (BTS and ATS) rarely make the time to upload the images or post the exact same information. Those articles are just not available online.
                  They've got oour names! It's the pris'n hoose for us!

Comment

Working...
                  X