Anyone in Kent toniight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Kent toniight

Hi everyone, I will be lecturing at the Invicta Group tonight in Bobbing Village Hall, Kent. From 8.00

If anyone can make it along please do so.

( Thats done it....now no one will turn up)

Seriously the Invucta guys and gals are a great club and well worth a visit. A good crowd and very friendly

See you , hopefully

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Hi Ray,

Sorry to say way too far for me to travel but Good Luck and I hope that it is well attended.

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

So how was it? I know a few that were going

Comment

It was an interesting talk on a difficult subject - how and why we have spider names. Ray used examples of spiders to show how their scientific names depicted them. Of course the most interesting bit was his Top 10 countdown of British spiders and the obligatory "we found large aggressive tree spiders ner ner ner ner ner!"
        Lots of humour during the evening, as always and plenty of chatting. Ray and I both seemed to come equipped with Steatoda sp.
        Looking forward to the next one already.
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Always a pleasure Peter, no singing though. Very disappointing.LOL

( and we DID find large aggressive tree spiders.....so there.....)

Great to see you again mate.

[B]
          On

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
            It was an interesting talk on a difficult subject - how and why we have spider names.
            I will have to ask my mother why I was named Grammastola sp. "Richard Thomas" on my birth certificate and there was me thinking I was unique lol
            There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

I agree it was a great talk and we know what Ray likes to watch lol.
              Not found any spiders mating yet lol.

John

Comment

John, my profound apologies mate. I did not recognise you at the meeting. I have only just realised when I saw your post. You and your wife sat next to Ang. Im so sorry mate I did not mean to ignore you.

Glad you enjoyed it

Cheers

Ray

[B]
                On

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
                  John, my profound apologies mate. I did not recognise you at the meeting. I have only just realised when I saw your post. You and your wife sat next to Ang. Im so sorry mate I did not mean to ignore you.

Glad you enjoyed it

Cheers
                  Ray
                  No probs Ray it was good to learn about the name side and maybe one day I'll learn how to say the white collard name in Greek/lating as the last part seems like german!.
                  And from one t to four lol not bad for an ex-arachnophobic and going in to 50/50 mating loan..

Best Wishes.
                  John in the tiger jacket lol

Comment

Its a bit too far and pointless for me seeing as I cant afford to waste my money on pointless things these days.I have no job anymore so I might have eat all my spiders if I can't buy food for my kids to eat.

Comment

Or you could sell them on to a responsible dealer, knowing that you can start again when the times are better?

Comment

Working...
                      X