Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain Containers?

Hi All,

Not sure if any of you have a Netto store local to you but I have just picked up a number of Beaufort Brand ClipSeal plastic storage containers in various sizes (1l, 1.5l and 2l) and in both square and rectangle shapes and all at 50p each. These are a completely clear plastic container with 2 clips locks to hold the clear lid securely in place.

Needless to say the price for these container was too tempting and I pretty much cleared out my local store lol

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Sounds great Richard. I had a look in Morrison for those containers and they never had any. So i shall keep looking.

Comment

Carole if you have a hobby craft close to you, they are doing some great deals in there on rubs and containers of ALL sizes, not as cheap as 50p but all really well made and clip lock lids... might be a thought

Comment

We don't have Netto here in Costa del Belfast.. however, I have always found Pound land and Pound world to have brilliant rubs and tubs..

Comment

thanks for that Noel. I shall take a peek.

Comment

Originally posted by Neill House View Post
            We don't have Netto here in Costa del Belfast..
            We fair a little better ... of sorts ... the nearest Netto to "Rio de Loanhead" is 69 miles away.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Neill House View Post
              We don't have Netto here in Costa del Belfast.. however, I have always found Pound land and Pound world to have brilliant rubs and tubs..
              Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              We fair a little better ... of sorts ... the nearest Netto to "Rio de Loanhead" is 69 miles away.

We must fair badly here never heard of the store Netto.... in these parts

Comment

Me neither. we`ve only just got our first Marks and spensers store, lol!

Comment

Carole, the barcode off those 10 Litre Storage Box at Morrisons is 5010251319498. Not sure if you rang your store they could see if they had stock. They never seem to be near the other storage containers when I go to my store and I have to hunt for them. I have just transferred my new H. gigas into one with 10"of coir and a burrow made with the assistance of a waterbottle. She went straight down it so I think she is happy

We are lucky enough to be surrounded by Netto, Lidl and Aldi stores so get a good selection of household items on occasions.

Richard
                  There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Thats great Richard, thanks for that. I found something very much like it on ebay, but it was over £4 not including £3 P+P. This way I can go to the store see if they have any and if not, see if they can order me some in. Just checked my nearest Netto store, 103 miles away, lol!

Comment

You Brummies have all the luck Richard
                      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I have been told (ORDERED) to keep out of my mums kitchen when she is away at my sisters down Cornwall as I used to get containers for nothing and a pair of salad tongs came in very usefull as well lol.

Chris.

Comment

Asda have 5ltr cereal tubs, as do wilkinsons...for all my smaller spiders I use medical suppliers who now deal in 1ltr and up clear plastic jars with aluminium screw lids for about £3 each, pill tubs up to 500ml and not to mention 200ml and 300ml urine sample pots for my arboreal slings, theyre about £8.50 for 10 last time I ordered them. I think asda's offeron 5ltr tubs is still on too, I bought 10 last week they were in big bins so I reckon itll be store wide promo! If you know anyone with a koi pond, nishikoi pellet tubs are perfect spider tubs and they come in three sizes. I work in a marine fish retailer so I offer every purchase of nishikoi a 50p return if they bring me the tubs back Forgot to mention also, wyevale garden centres sell rolls of 1-2" thick bamboo on a 1m roll for garden borders, £7.99 a roll and just clip the wire off at one end and they are great for arboreal slings too!
                          Last edited by Stephen jordan; 31-10-10, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that am gonna have to get off to Netto at the weekend lol.

What size are those tubs (in length/width)? I really don't understand litres lol. I'm looking for some containers but the local home bargaina didn't have big enough ones that were clear.

x
                            Owner of:
                            A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
                            Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
                            Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

Working...
                            X