Young Curly Hair curious behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Curly Hair curious behaviour

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I am a bit worried about my baby Curly Hair.

I got him/her at the end of August, measuring about an inch in diameter including legs. He moulted at the end of September and then yesterday morning, I went to check him and assumed he must be about to moult again.

I found him lying on his back so left him alone for the rest of the day. Then I checked him last night and he was walking about and had not actually moulted. This morning when I looked at him, he was lying flat on his belly, not moving except for a couple of legs moving slightly. He still hasn't moulted though.

Do you think something is wrong with him? Or is he perhaps intending to moult but taking his time about it?

This is just a wait and see scenario to be honest.

There's nothing you can do at this stage to assist and no changes to the tank environment will help really as if the spider has decided to moult ..it's based this on the conditions leading up to the moult, which must have been correct.

I've had a few little ones that have done this sort of thing and have been ok so i wouldn't worry too much yet.

Let us know how it gets on
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I have bad news this morning - poor little spider didn't make it. I am completely gutted. I feel like somehow it's my fault. RIP Comanche.

Comment

Sometimes spiders don't make it to adulthood, this is just nature taking its sad course.

If the spider has been eating and moulting ok previously then i would assume it's just one of those things.
        Unless something extreme or drastic happened to affect the environment since the last moult then i wouldn't take it upon yourself to think you did anything wrong.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

So sorry to hear this Sarah

I think when we lose one we always question ourselves but as Colin said there is no need.

I lost a Brachypelma kahlenbergi sling after its first moult 19/10/10 with me no matter how much you paid or how long they have been in your care its still upsetting at the time.

Hope it hasnt disheartened you to much and the "T" bug is still with you.

RIP Comanche

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Smallman View Post
            So sorry to hear this Sarah

I think when we lose one we always question ourselves but as Colin said there is no need.

I lost a Brachypelma kahlenbergi sling after its first moult 19/10/10 with me no matter how much you paid or how long they have been in your care its still upsetting at the time.

Hope it hasnt disheartened you to much and the "T" bug is still with you.

RIP Comanche

Chris.
            Thanks, Chris. Although very sad, I haven't lost the "T" bug! In fact I have been working out that I have a week off work at the end of this month, which will enable me to either visit spider shops, or order online and sit at home awaiting delivery. I plan to get another Curly Hair and also choose a third to add to my collection. I would love a New River Rust Rump if I can find one anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Willis View Post
              Thanks, Chris. Although very sad, I haven't lost the "T" bug! In fact I have been working out that I have a week off work at the end of this month, which will enable me to either visit spider shops, or order online and sit at home awaiting delivery. I plan to get another Curly Hair and also choose a third to add to my collection. I would love a New River Rust Rump if I can find one anywhere!
              really sorry to hear of the death...i'm sure we've all been through it! or if not, we all will. it's just how things go.
              glad you've not lost the bug...and i fully approve of you joining the Aphonopelma club with a lovely new river! stunning things.
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
              X