more golden as she grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more golden as she grows?

I am kinda confused.I have a grammostola aureostriata or pulchripes or(chaco golden knee). However the lines on her knees are more brown than gold atm.I have seen at the internet that there are 2 types of them.this one:

that has more brown lines. and also that one:

that is more black and has golden lines.

So is it indeed that there are different species and therefore different colors?Or as she molds and grows she will replace brown lines with golden ones?

Hi Dimitris,

In most species there are marked differences between the mature sexes and again without dna tests the definitive species may never be known. I am sorry to say but you will probably only be able to answer your question when your T matures and does or does not change marking colour. Differences in background lighting, manipulation to improve an images quality etc can all give widely different colouring and infact yesterday I was shown the picture of a stunning H. maculata but did not immediately recognise it as it had a complete blue tinge all over instead of the usual pale grey colour - this again turned out to be a colour issue in the picture and not a blue variant lol

Just enjoy your T for whatever it is and whatever it becomes then it wont disappoint you.

Richard
    Last edited by R Thomas; 02-11-10, 08:11 AM.
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

I see.I dont really care to be honest if she will stay as she is in color or she will go more golden and beautiful i love her as she is and i m v exited that i have her hehe.Thanks again for the help Richard)

Comment

There are colour varients to this species as here are with many others, this can be caused by the environment they are in.

I would assume that if you have a larger specimen then the colours will dull down when the spiders approaching a moult, when it moults the new exo-skeleton will be bright and vivid.

Is there any chance of a photo of your spider, a shot from above would be good if possible.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

She is inside the small cave atm.as soon as she comes out i ll take a pic of her and upload it so you can tell me your opinion.thanks

Comment

My Juvenile moulted last week and for the first time has bright adult colouration.

So I would say wait until it moults and you will see why its called a Golden-Knee

Hope you dont mind me putting a pic up of her just to show just how golden her markings are.

Chris.

Comment

No not at all.On the contrary you really help me cause she hasnt come out of the hide yet and she looks almost identical to yours...maybe just a bit more brown than gold.So you think that as they molt and grow the brown lines are replaced with golden ones?That would be awesomethanks for posting that photo.

Comment

Working...
              X