G.concepicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.concepicon

I would like to know more about this sp as I see the red form is meant to be moody so what are the Grammostola concepicon really like to keep..
    I know t's all are different and none are typical of each other..
    So post as much as you can .. Please.

Cheers.
    John.

The Grammostola sp "Concepcion" is a little larger when adult than G rosea, the RCF etc.
    They tend to be a little more defensive and skittish in general, and are a little more active (i.e a moving pet rock )
    They can be kept just as any other Grammostola i.e. dry with a water bowl if you use one.

Not sure on this red form jobbie though, the "Concepcion" that came in the other year was similar to a "bulky" RCF (just a little more orange), had a mostly black carapace and there were recognisable "lines" of dark grey/black setae running down the central ridge of the chelicerae, the tarsus and metatarsus were thicker looking and slightly oval when viewed from below compared to the longer thinner style of the rosea etc
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Colin for the info I'm most grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
        The Grammostola sp "Concepcion" is a little larger when adult than G rosea, the RCF etc.
        They tend to be a little more defensive and skittish in general, and are a little more active (i.e a moving pet rock )
        They can be kept just as any other Grammostola i.e. dry with a water bowl if you use one.

Not sure on this red form jobbie though, the "Concepcion" that came in the other year was similar to a "bulky" RCF (just a little more orange), had a mostly black carapace and there were recognisable "lines" of dark grey/black setae running down the central ridge of the chelicerae, the tarsus and metatarsus were thicker looking and slightly oval when viewed from
        below compared to the longer thinner style of the rosea etc
        Colin the red form is the RCF lol sorry my mistake.
        I thought these grammys were calmer then rosea!.

Comment

TBH I just thought it was a G rosea locality..

Comment

Working...
          X