A.geniculata for bginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.geniculata for bginners

Greetings,I have little exp atm at tarantulas,just got a grammostola pulchripes about 10-11 days ago.I am really tempted tho to also buy an A.Geniculata...they look really beautiful,very nice colors and funny behaviour as far as i have observed from videos.Most care sheets tho suggest a good lvl of experiance for having such a tarantula..

What do you think?what do you suggest?should i spend sometime with my grammostola pulchripes and leave the thought of buying an A.geniculata for now?Would it be hard for me to handle it?
    Last edited by dimitris vrontamitis; 03-11-10, 10:39 AM.

Hi Dimitris,

Most care sheets suggest a good level of experience for any tarantula. I think it is probably as easy to care for two as it is for one and I like the A. geniculata. I would say that whether you get one or not will be down to whether you feel ready to cope or not. Some will say if you have to ask the question then you are not ready, in my opinion the fact that you are asking is probably a sign that you can cope and if you have issues you at least have the ability to ask on here for help.

Remember though it is very hard once you buy a second to not buy a third, fourth or fifth lol

Richard
    Last edited by R Thomas; 03-11-10, 10:10 PM.
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

hahaha that is true. I was always wondering when i was watching videos why do ppl have so many tarantulas and i was thinking that if i was to buy one it would be just one..Now i have started wanting many of them.The reason i m asking is more to prevent harming the tarantula than prevent harm to me..The worst scenario for me is to be bitten,so no big deal.It is more the pet i worry for not me.

I think i ll get one and i ll try to stop there hehe.

thanks a lot for keep helping me on my <<silly questions>> man.Promise i ll try to reduce them

take care!

Comment

They are hardy and ver fun to have. I sold most of my common species and kept the more rare ones but i kept my A. geniculata because its fun. Just keep your fingers away and you will be fine. If you need to take out water bowl or similar just block her entrace with a spatula or some thing like that. My female was more defensive as a juvenile but has calmed down a lot since she got bigger. She doesent move or react defensivly when i mist or refill her water.

So if you really want one, buy one. Just dont put your hands to close because they can launch them selves very fast.

Comment

Got to agree with the above post

Mine moulted out a mature male earlier this year and has been given up for breeding but I replaced him almost at once with a little sling who at the moment is sat at the bottom of his burrow waiting to moult.

I would say never ever put your hands inside their enclosures they are true hunters and faster than you may think.

But if you want a spider with a bit of attitude always ready to eat (mine used to take care of any male crickets I had chirrping) and handsome this is the one to go for

Chris.

Comment

Working...
          X