interesting point!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting point!

hey, you may have already read my other post. however again before i actually buy a T i was wondering if any of you lot could could post some things which are bad about keeping T's.
    This would enable me to see that even after all these "disadvatages" i still want one.... you lot get me? lol
    Kindest regards,

Hi
    There is nothing bad about keeping Ts there are bad & careless owners as with any other pet. risk of bites can be avoided by not handling, risk of escape can be avoided by secure housing, thats about the only "bad" things i can think of that could possibly happen.
    regards
    phil
    www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

sounds gud....

ok...they are basically perfect pets
      Kindest regards,

Comment

The only bad thing I can think of about keeping T's id the fact that they are addictive . You get one like it so much that you get another. Next thing you know you dont have a Tarantula any more you have a wonderfull collection ,
        Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

If you mannage in some miracules way unknown to man kind to avoid addiction to T's, there is still another problum you must face -
          FOOD.

Most of the people on this forum (and others) own more that one (or 20) T's. For these people, ordering food via the internet/mail/telphone/where ever it is people order from - is worth while.
          Also, for those amont of T's, raising your own food is also justified (and often profitable).
          BUT,
          If you own just one or two T's (again, if you have fond a way to do this tell us how), food can become a hassel. Mind you, it's much less of a hassel than say - walking a dog every day, or even sueing McDonnalds for having hot coffy spill on your croch while driving, but it is still a hassel.

It comes down to this - If you have a store/another T owner /(you get the drift) near by, that is willing to provide you with a constant supply of a low amount of food, than there is no problum. If not, then you can't only own the T, but you must as well raise (for short periods of time) it's food as well.

Best of luck with the folks,
          Yinnon.

Comment

Hike is correct food for 1 T is a problem a box of 50 crickets will only stay alive long enough for you to use about 10 of them. I gave a B vagans to a mate at work . I have solved his food problem by taking him a crix a week it costs me less than a penny and he has not got the waste problem. If you know someone who keeps T's or a herp that eats crickets maybee you can come to an arrangement. If you pay for 1 box of crix for them they could repay you with a crix a week for a year.
            Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

IT WORRIES ME IMMENSLEY

An "are you a member of PETA" poll

and then he/she asks us what the bad things about keeping spiders are,

Call me paranoid but this sounds like an AR Terrorist seeking bad info about our spids.

Ray

Comment

ha ha your funny

thats quite amusing. i do donate to peta, however not a member. (i may plan to become a member some time in the not so distant future, however not as an actavist) and no i am not seeking bad information bout T's. i am just planning myself before i get one. i seek this information so that i can give this fascinating animal a home that it deserves.
                i dunno about you, but i think it's a good thing to plan ahead and seek all the info you can get about this animal. Because lets face it, it aint no cat or dog.
                Kindest regards,

Comment

Re: ha ha your funny

Originally posted by ruffryder85
                  Because lets face it, it aint no cat or dog.
                  They sure arn't and peta arn't that keen on people having cats and dogs either!

Comment

Working...
                  X