T. shopping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. shopping!

Looks like I won't have to wait another month after all! My poor little Curly Wurly died early this week and I thought it unlikely I'd be able to obtain his replacement until I have a week off work at the beginning of next month, but.... looks like I might be able to go shopping tomorrow instead! If all goes according to plan, I should have a new Curly very soon.

In addition, I've mentioned that I'd like to add some Aphonopelma species to my collection and have just found a Chalcodes advertised for sale so have emailed the seller to find out if it's still available. I am keeping fingers, toes, eyes etc all crossed that's it's still there waiting for me to buy it!

Sorry about the Curly Hair, these things happen unfortunately. As for A.chalcodes, will keep my fingers crossed for you. A nice spider.

Comment

I so wanted a Aphonopelma chalcodes when The Spider Shop had some in but have set my price limit to £30 for any spider and they were over that even for a juvenile

Then Virginia Cheeseman had a single adult but even though it was cheaper than TSS it still wasnt within my price range

So please dont tell me where the addy is or I might pinch it off you

Good luck with your shopping tomorrow (the sort of shopping I would like lol).

Chris.

Comment

Well, I didn't actually go out shopping yesterday after all - I found someone selling a perfect Curly Wurly online and weighed up the cost of it and shipping against the cost and petrol to fetch what would be a much smaller one in person from Northampton and decided to order online. The guy is selling up his collection so I am getting a 2 inch Curly on Tuesday! It's being delivered to my very brave mum-in-law who is then going to call me at work so I can slip out and rescue her from it, hahaha!

No luck with the A.Chalcodes - unfortunately it had already been sold when I contacted the seller. He only wanted £23 for it including delivery as well! Gutted. Never mind, the search continues.

Comment

Bit of an update - my new Curly Hair has arrived safe and sound this morning, much to my delight! He was extremely well packed and insulated, snug in tissue paper in a yoghurt pot, wrapped in bubblewrap and various other layers and delivered to my long suffering mother-in-law to ensure someone was around to sign for him. The new Curly is about 1.5 - 2 inches in diameter, so almost twice the size of his predecessor and is settled into his new home. I'm calling him Cadbury (as they make Curly Wurly) haha. I'll add a couple of photos as soon as I can get some taken.

Comment

glad to hear its arrived safe and sound and love the name haha!!!! nice to also see another female biker whats your ride ? cant quite tell from pic lol i ride an R6 (slighlty off topic i know my apologies mods )

Comment

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
              glad to hear its arrived safe and sound and love the name haha!!!! nice to also see another female biker whats your ride ? cant quite tell from pic lol i ride an R6 (slighlty off topic i know my apologies mods )
              Hi Lynn, cool that you have an R6. Mine's a GSXR 750 SRAD - he's called Gilbert! My pride and joy of 4 years.

Comment

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear about the loss of your Curly Hair, and good news that you've got a worthy replacement. I was worried about one of my Curly Hairs, she's an adult female 6years old and had not eaten ANYTHING for just under 2 years until last week, when I offered her a cricket and she jumped on it, followed by 2 more the same day, so I was really pleased. I've had Red Knees go 12 - 18 months and a Chile Rose the same period, also one of my T. Blondi's AF has gone 10 months, but 2 years has been a record, so you learn something about this fascinating hobby every day.

So I guess you & Lynn will now be changing to a Ducati with 46 on the fairing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                  So I guess you & Lynn will now be changing to a Ducati with 46 on the fairing lol.
                  As much as i love Valentino im afraid to say it will be tech 3 yamaha Cal Crutchlow for me 2011 season hope ur well Linda long time no speak

Nice bike Sarah and keep us updated on ur new curly wurly!

Comment

Hi Lynn, a good choice with Cal, and we certainly wish him the best, but as the long line before him, it doesn't look good, so let's hope he can do well. Not forgetting Bradley Smith, and Scott Redding, that young chap is just doing so well, so a couple of years should see him in MotoGP, but after Valencia, then I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms lol. But Valentino on a big red Ducati, now that's a dream come true. Don't forget Lynn & Sarah, stay bubble up and rubber down

Comment

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
                      i ride an R6 (slighlty off topic i know my apologies mods )
                      Hmmmmm, young ladies on motorcycles ??? .... whatever next ????
                      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                        Hmmmmm, young ladies on motorcycles ??? .... whatever next ????
                        Colin doing the laundry? No that is way too far fetched an idea lol
                        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Not on motorcycle in this weather though! Hahaha.

Finally here is a picture of Cadbury. I didn't want to disturb him for a couple of days after his journey, but he seems to have settled in well and has just tucked into a decent sized cricket. Here he is having a paddle!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	cadbury.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	94022

And even more news - I found someone selling an adult female Aphonopelma New River sp. today and I've bought her! I will be getting her next week so I'm pretty excited. Wanted one of those for ages since I saw pictures on here of "Professor Nibbles".
                          Last edited by Sarah Willis; 11-11-10, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Thats one bonny spider Sarah

Just checked my slings and found my B.albopilosum had moulted odd realy as she ate on the 9/11/10 3 days ago.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Smallman View Post
                              Thats one bonny spider Sarah

Just checked my slings and found my B.albopilosum had moulted odd realy as she ate on the 9/11/10 3 days ago.

Chris.
                              your albopilosum must be a little piggy lol

Comment

Working...
                              X