Fresh moult T. Blondi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh moult T. Blondi

Just a pic of one of my T. Blondi's, she moulted 10 days ago, it was a fairly quick and clean moult, which was good news, she's now around 10" leg span.
    Attached Files

hi there linda long time no hear. glad your blondi had a trouble free molt she looks very impressive i must say.

Comment

Are you after a MM?
      I have one doing the rounds at mo
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Whenever I see T. blondi specimens in retail establishments they are always a very pale almost dark sand colour and appear to have very few hairs anywhere. Is this due to the specimens gender? Must say that your picture Linda is of a stunning T and I initially wondered if it was a T. blondi at all lol

The wife would love me to get a T. blondi but the hairless specimens I have seen leave me cold. Now I wonder whether I shouldn't splash out on a few slings

Richard
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Originally posted by R Thomas View Post
          Whenever I see T. blondi specimens in retail establishments they are always a very pale almost dark sand colour and appear to have very few hairs anywhere. Is this due to the specimens gender? Must say that your picture Linda is of a stunning T and I initially wondered if it was a T. blondi at all lol

The wife would love me to get a T. blondi but the hairless specimens I have seen leave me cold. Now I wonder whether I shouldn't splash out on a few slings

Richard
          Hi Richard, they come out the dark rich colour after moulting, they then gradually return to the lighter sand colour when nearing a moult, at least all of ours do. Any that you've seen with bald abdomens, will almost certainly be due to flicking hairs agressively or excessively, one of my other Blondi, is like as you've mentioned, totally bald, due to flicking hairs when prior/during laying an eggsac.

There has been some debate regarding their colour and the relationship to moisture, I personally keep all of mine in a dry substrate, I spray all over a couple of times a week, but leave a large earthenware dish with wet substrate in, and they then have the option to sit on that, plus you do get to see them a bit more, which is sometimes not the case, if they dissappear into a dark damp hide, and I've never had any problems with infestations keeping them this way. They're truly are a stunning T, the one in the pic was a sling approx. 2 and a half years ago, and she's not yet matured, and their growth rate is stunning. We feed the slings daily up until they've had around 6-7 moults, and that really puts them in good stead to attain their potential size.

Comment

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
            hi there linda long time no hear. glad your blondi had a trouble free molt she looks very impressive i must say.
            Hi Vincent, glad you like her, I think a Blondi should be your next step for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
              Are you after a MM?
              I have one doing the rounds at mo
              Hi Pete, thanks for the offer, we're good for an MM at the moment, but we'll keep you in mind in case our's turns into a quick meal lol.

Comment

Working...
              X