Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma boehmei: Temprament?

Hi,

As I'm sure a few of you are aware, I'm recieving 1 Brachypelma boehmei on Wednesday. I've already owned a G.rosea and B.albopilosum in the past, so I have *some experience with tarantulas, but those 2 i've already owned, were extremely docile and I've had nothing to worry about with them.

I was of the impression that the B.boehmei was also, a docile species. I've had a look around then, and have seen quite a number of care sheets on the species stating that they are skittish, aggressive and are generally a very nervous species.
    I'm getting rather apprehensive about my purchse now, and its arriving in less than 3 days. Would you describe this as a docile or aggressive species?
    I would GREATLY apppreiciate some support or advice, or experiences any of you might have had when dealing with this species. Behaviour patterns, how they react to stuff, etc.

Appreciated
    HitokiriSessha

I wouldn't worry so much about the agressivness of this T. Granted, it is generaly more aggresive than most Brachys, but it in no where near the honerable P. murinus.

If you have set the T a good home that it's happy with, don't poke it around and supply it with a good hid out, then there is little reason for this T to be anything more than skitish - so it would much rather run and hid than go after you with a battle cry. It is a Great T, and one that is a very mannageable step up from the pet rocks.

Cheers,
    Yinnon.

Comment

pronunciation...

I'd just like to know how one pronounces the word 'boehmei'

And in return - I believe you pronounce 'chelicerae' as (phoenetically) KELLISSEREYE. or at least thats what I thought it was, so correct me if I'm wrong

J
      Carefully looking after an empty cage...

Comment

Working...
      X