Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many roaches..which one is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many roaches..which one is the best?

Many ppl feed their tarantulas roaches..i have watched many videos,i m feeding mine crickets atm and i was just wondering if roaches nutritionally wise are better than crickets.Some ppl say that roaches last longer they have better quality of meet and dont smell as crickets do.Any tips if that is true and if it is what kind of roaches do you suggest me to buy?

thank you

Dubia roaches are seemingly the most common for keepers to have a comune going.
    They breed quite well and have a good "meat to shell" ratio.
    Another roach to consider is the lobster roach, Better meat to shell ratio and will successfully breed if the temps are high enough.
    Both these can be gut loaded with a good diet and will be more than adequate as a substitute for crickets.

I'm of a mind-set that a varied diet for tarantulas is "ideal" and should be applied if and when possible.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks a lot for taking time answearing ColinI ll buy both of the ones you suggested.I like feeding my baby with a varity of food.So dubia,lobster and crikets will be just fine

Take care and thanks again for the help.

Comment

Dubia dont seem to climb their containers so less likely to escape although the males can fly but not very well.

They also give birth to live young so no egg cases to clear up after them.

Even if you dont order from the above company they give you some sound advice on how to keep them.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Smallman View Post
          give birth to live young so no egg cases to clear up after them.
          The reason I like Turkistan roaches is because they do lay egg cases and this allows me to collect them all up and hatch them seperately.

Not sure if either method is better or worse than the other but worth considering.

Richard
          There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Hi Dimitris, I'd go with the Dubia, easy to breed, very poor climbers, grow to a good size to suit even the largest T and it's easy to get your own colony established.

Comment

Working...
            X