No announcement yet.

Unsure on IDon my latest rescue.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure on IDon my latest rescue.......

Hi guy's n gal's.....rescued this today before it drownd in the condensation in it's container. Has anyone got an idea as to what it is..........

many thanks in advance.......
    Last edited by lee cheale; 28-11-10, 09:13 AM. Reason: replaced image to comply with forum rules.......(sorry)

Looks like one of my Acanthogonatus but couldn't say which one .

Comment

I agree, Maybe this one.

http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/image/764/690 Or maybe a A.vilches or a A.franckii
      “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

I'd say either A. frankii or A. pissii
        Its a mygalomorph from Chile
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

thanks for the info people......any idea on size when it's fully grown...?

Comment

Now the ID has been established and our work here is done .......

........ i have to do the moderator thing and remove the image as it shows intentional handling which contravenes rule 10 of our little list.

Sorry for that Lee but we have to follow these guidelines.
            If you have another image you could post please edit your thread by all means.

Size wise ... to my knowledge pissi are the smaller of the two at 3 ish inch legspan and franki are slightly larger at 4+ ... no doubt a long term keeper will correct me there if i'm incorrect.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              Now the ID has been established and our work here is done .......

........ i have to do the moderator thing and remove the image as it shows intentional handling which contravenes rule 10 of our little list.

Sorry for that Lee but we have to follow these guidelines.
              If you have another image you could post please edit your thread by all means.

Size wise ... to my knowledge pissi are the smaller of the two at 3 ish inch legspan and franki are slightly larger at 4+ ... no doubt a long term keeper will correct me there if i'm incorrect.
              Sorry Colin.....image replaced......

Comment

No problems, thanks

tis a cracking looking spider Lee, good job on the rescue mate
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I don't think it is A pissii.. which leaves you one of the other two... I was going to say that Matt has three of the species, and might know.. but evidently not.
                  I think pissii is the smaller one, with a 2-3" leg span, and the frankii is the larger one.. but again, it is only 4" or so. And as I discovered, these are variable.

They are lovely spids though, look great. They aren't tarantulas, and apparently live under every rock in Chile, and web a fair bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X