grammostola rosea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grammostola rosea

hi people .... not been on for a while lifes been soo busy . anyways just a quick question i cant seen to find good info on this subject .

my G.rosea looks like shes in pre-moult black abdomain ect ... the thing is shes drinking lots of water going to the bowl 3-4 times a day , before im lucky if i had seen her drink once in 6 months is this normal behaviour?

iain
    who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

I assume you've had the heating on a lot recently esp considering where you are . Is it possible that the air is a lot drier than usual , requiring more fluids ?

Comment

Mine is exactly the same although ive only had it a few weeks, and yea the heating is on nearly constantly as im in an old draughty cottage. This would be my guess also.

Comment

With a moult coming up she is just hydrating herself for the big event.

Also as has been said in the winter in our homes it becomes very dry very quickly my room humidity yesterday was 30% so I have been adding a bit of water to the substate as well as keeping their dishes topped up.

But there is nothing to worry about with her drinking so much

Chris.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the replys !
          I have just moved her tank into a warmer room ( with heating on most of the Day)
          So that makes sence ! I over flow her water dish a few times aweek for humidity .

She still not moulded , well saying that's she's blocked her hide on all 3 exits ! So hope to have her post moult soon!

Ps now my l.parahybana spiderling is in pre molt

Busy month !
          who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Working...
          X