Avicularia sp. "Guyana"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia sp. "Guyana"

hi guys, just ordered my first arboreal t, an avic sp. " guyana" from tss looking forward to geting her but seen as this is my ffirst arboreal i just thought id ask for any tips or advice you might wanna chuck my way. also i read they like hides up at the top of the enclosure, and was just wandering what is best to use for an aboreal hide. thanx .

I`d be interested in this too, as I`m hoping to be going to pop to TSS to get one myself next week. Hope they still have some.

Comment

Basically you go against the "norm" for avics in general
      They need a fair amount of room to do their thing, plenty of ventilation and food items that would seem a little too big for them.

A sling will do well in a 6" high, 3" across tub, holes made just above the surface of the substrate, a couple of rows around the top and some in the lid. About an inch of substrate will be ok and obviously somthing to climb/hide behind/web on such as a piece of cork bark.
      Food for a 1 - 1.5 cm sling could be as big as a size 2/3 cricket (they will take them down with ease) a better scenario is to put a couple or three smaller crickets in at once and watch the avic hunt and display their natural behaviour. Once a week for feeding will be fine, if there's any left then leave till they're eaten and feed a couple of days later. Mist them lightly a couple of times a week for drinking water.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Pretty much exactly what Colin said. I have a breeding pair of these and I am hoping the female will be dropping a sac any time soon.

Comment

Working...
        X