H.albostriatum info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.albostriatum info please

I have had my H.albostriatum (Foo -if anyone remembers this was sold to me as a A.seemanni) for close to a year now, and when bought I was told that it had molted in November.

It hasn't even thought about molting yet, and if anyone could inform me as to whether or not the males have tibial spurs on their final molt, this would be great..

Hoping it might be a female, but seeing as though it hasn't molted i really cant tell..
    My Collection:

I take it this is around adult size then. If memory serves correct the males do have tibial spurs, but either way the "boxing glove" palps should be a dead give away. I wouldn't worry to much about the spider not having moulted, the older they get the longer the intervals between moulting anyway. But if she is happy then just leave her to it.
    A nice spider, I have 2 juveniles which are a pleasure..if a liitle jumpy at times!

Comment

A list of mature males that lack spurs for your future reference.......
      http://thebts.co.uk/forums/showthrea...apophyses-list.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thank you both, Nick & Colin.
        The list will come in very handy thanks Colin, and Nick mine is a real star, but jumpy at times too, it comes out of its burrow and has a wander around when the temperature gets up in the house (it must be about 3-4 inch legspan). Keeping my fingers crossed that a molt is imminent, so that I can have an informed guess !!!
        My Collection:

Comment

I have attached a picture of Foo front on, and I can't see any boxing gloves, but as previously mentioned lets wait and see off of a molt...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC101809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	94031
          My Collection:

Comment

Working...
          X