Ohh lord they really grow slowly:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohh lord they really grow slowly:(

I have a Grammostola pulchripes,i think i will die b4 she molts.It has been almost 2 months since i bought it and she is about 3 inch long.She has a huge appetite she is eating like a pig.It has been 4 days now that whatever i throw in the terrarium she will eat half of it or just kill it so i hoping that probably she is going for a molt...i m really looking forward to it..I dont know if the heat helps at all cause it is a bit lower atm than it should be.it should be 22-28c and it is about 20.Should i buy a terrarium heater or a lamp?will that help her at all grow faster?
    I know that she is a slow growing tarantula but i never thought that she grows that slow...( i still love her tho

In my opinion two months without molting is nothing. You are going to need a lot of patience. I would laugh, but that could be rude. So I will just say that they usually take much longer than two months to molt when they are 3''. Just be patient, and enjoy your tarantula.

Regards, Alonso.
    How much do we really know about tarantulas?
    P.S. Sorry for my deficient english...

Comment

Originally posted by dimitris vrontamitis View Post
      I have a Grammostola pulchripes,i think i will die b4 she molts.It has been almost 2 months since i bought it and she is about 3 inch long. ...
      Does "3 inch long" refer to body length or leg span?

If the body length is 3", the leg span is probably about 6", and your tarantula is pretty much full grown. It probably has already switched to an annual molt cycle. It won't till next spring.

If its leg span is 3", the body length is probably only about 1.5", and it's only molting approximately 3 times a year, not once a month like it did right after it crawled out of the eggsac.

Relax. Chill. Pour yourself a cup/glass/stein/flagon of your favorite beverage, throw your favorite CD in the player, nestle into your favorite chair, and enjoy your pet rock!

Enjoying a tarantula is an intellectual pursuit. Use your imagination. Read all you can find about them. Or, go out and buy 35 more tarantulas to keep you occupied!
      The Tarantula Whisperer!
      Stan Schultz
      Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
      Private messaging is turned OFF!
      Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

She is about 3 inches leg span not body length,so she is not that big i guess...maybe it has to do with the fact that she is a g.pulchripes cause other ones at that size should molt in 2-3 months i guess.

Comment

Working...
        X