Ami Yapanquii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ami Yapanquii

Has anyone any information on this particular species? All i know is that it comes from Ecuador and reaches a speculated size of 17-21mm. All posts i have found on the forums are in German.
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

The real Ami yupanquii or the spider that the spider shop are currently selling under this name?
    Put your arms around me
    Fiddly digits, itchy britches
    I love you all

Comment

Originally posted by craig mcinnes View Post
      The real Ami yupanquii ?
      I concur here... looks like this in fact.....
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Craig im not 100% on whether the T on the TSS site is the species in question or a different sp but the picture of the sling looks the same as the pics colin posted. It was one of those spiders that caught my eye and obv never heard of it.
        Tarantulas kept:
        0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

There was only ever 2 or 3 Ami yupanquii in the UK as far as i'm aware. I had one female, Marie Metcalfe had one and there may possibly have been someone else with another (Guy Tansley?) all came from Ray Gabriel.
          I kept mine on a couple of inches of slightly moist peat with a bit of coconut shell as a hide and at a temp of around 80F. It sat in the hide for most of the day and came out for a wander around the tank at night. It was very docile, made no attempt to kick hairs or bite until it moulted then it became a bit more aggro and would often try and bite if disturbed. It stayed that way until it moulted again and then it went back to being docile again. It never webbed and rarely ever refused a meal iirc. A very nice looking spider with a strange threat stance.

It spreads its legs out to the side rather than straight up as most tarantulas do.

Certainly one of the nicest looking spiders i have seen
          Put your arms around me
          Fiddly digits, itchy britches
          I love you all

Comment

Wow there quality

Comment

Working...
            X