Little bit annoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bit annoyed

About a year and a bit ago i borght my self (Acanthoscurria Geniculata) giant white knee as a juvinille. I was told by the Exotic Pet shop that it was a confermed Female.
    She has just had her mature molt.
    it turns out that she is a HE!
    i can see the trible hooks (spurs).
    I now have two questions.

First is: how long will a mature male live for (roughly)

And second: What should i do next.... i would love him to have the opertunity to breed
    but i would not no where to start. any ideas would be great

Cheers all JIM

P.S. Hope you all and a brilliant Cristmas and new year!!!!!

Mature male lifespans differ greatly with species, I've known of A geniculata males live either a matter of months or in a few cases way past a year.

what to do next is advertise him on here (in the breeding section) and any other forums you may be registered with (Of course this thread in itself will advertise him for you as well).
    You can either sell him or offer his services to someone with a female, in this instance the pair of you would normally go 50/50 with the resulting slings and you would either get your male back (if all went well) or you could pass him onto another person with a female if available.

good luck and if you get any queries or problems just post back on here or you can send me a PM and we'll sort things out via mail.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

last time I tried these the females were very aggressive towards the male. It took months to get them interested, quite a lot of work, and then they moulted out! Im not sure when my females last moulted but I might be interested in trying again. I seem to remember the male lasting quite a time.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
        It took months to get them interested, quite a lot of work, and then they moulted out!
        Ahh déjà vu
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

i had the same,

i brought a kingbaboon juvi 100% female of a member on rfuk, few months back turned male it really gets my goat!

Comment

I intend trying to save one of each of my spiders moults and then try get someone more knowledgeable than me to sex them for me - then I'll know for sure. So far my females from shops have all turned out males so when they have their final moults I'll see who wants them for breeding and ask for a few slings

Comment

Unfortunately, this happens all too often in the hobby, newcomers or unsuspecting buyers are sold females that turn out to be males, sometimes genuine mistakes are made, but more often than not, it's a case of unloading a male at a good price.

Comment

yeah your right, some people are just in for the money in the hobby

ive never been for the money the other month i gave away a breeding pair of P. formosa's as i dont have the time to breed them.

Comment

Working...
                X