Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a few questions

hi guys,
    just got a few questions an thought id stick em here instead of a separate thread for each.
    first.
    i have ordered one of those large tubs from tss ( tarantula tub large/deep ) and some of those air vent discs... so my question is when im sticking the vents over the holes i cut in the tub does it metter what i use... can i use super glue or do i have to get summet else?
    second.
    my geniculata is not eating... did not worry me at first but shes been refusing food for about a month now... she is usually a good eater. she is not in pre moult cuz she only moulted about 2 month ago and she is an adult about 6 years old. she has only taken a two or three crickets since the moult and when i drop one in she runs away from it or gets in the threat pose.... i drop one in every so often but its alaways their the next day... she always has water down. do geniculatas stavre like the g rosea's... ?
    third.
    is pretty much the same as second but about my avic avic, she has not eaten either, she dosent run or threat tho, just ignores the food, do they starv... it is possible she could be planning a moult, i only had her a few week so dont know when her last moult was, shes not showing any other signs yet tho.
    thanx
    mark
    p.s one of my b smithi juv's moulted and is now a good few inch and showing of adult colours, looks cool... thought id just mention that, my other smithi is still grey.

Firstly I just use a hot glue gun for gluing vents (not sure about super glue), second, I would not worry about the non eating. I am sure they do it on purpose to worry us! (it could also be that with the cold temperatures that we are having/had may of slowed there metabolism down.) My P.regalis has not ate for months (since she moulted). It;s very possible your pinktoe is in premoult, the only thing is just keep offering food and if its not taken remove the pray item.
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Glue gun or silicon sealer, super-glue releases chemicals even after curing i believe.

Genics do stop eating occasionally, possibly due to weather, more than likely barometric pressure though as our houses are kept pretty constant throughout the year. just leave her a few weeks and try again, water would be a requirement as central heating provides a dryer environment.

Avics sometimes go off food, normally moult issues. things to watch for avics are environment related normally, is the tank too dry / too humid? as i said above central heating seems to be a dryer heat which can influence the tanks, possible the tanks too humid and stuffy? is there adequate ventilation?
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

thanx guys
        yeah im pretty sure the ventalation in my avic house is good... maybe just a moult an im worring over nowt... ill keep an eye on her.
        i got my tss order today so along with a very nice looking Aphonopelma chalcodes adult i got the tub and some vents but cant start work on my pokies new home yet cuz the tub was pretty much smashed to bits!!!! royal mail for ya!!! the A chalcodes was inside that tub too... but luckily she seems fine.
        not sure i can get hold of a glue gun... ill look at work, my boss hordes tools of all kinds and it is surprising what he has tucked away. failing that, the silicon.
        thanx again

Comment

hi guys bad news... my avic avic still not eatin g but dont look good, just got in from work to find her curled up looking dead i got an icu ready and when i took the lid off her enclosure she went to walk and fell from the top of her tank to the bottom.... i managed to get her in the icu but prolly stressed her out a lot doing it, shes bearly moving... any advice, i only used an icu once but it dint work and i think i might have noticed she needed it too late

Comment

just thought id update ya,
            i sold a few of my t,s and gave the people who bought them the avic, i explained she never been right and has bin in an out of icu's since i got her. when they got them home they called me to say she was climbin fine after they rufed up the smooth sides of her enclosure but two days later i got a text sayin she had died. shame, dont know what was up with her i gave her to them as an engagment prezzie, they got alot more experiance then me so thought if any one could help her, they could. gunna get myself another some day, proper tank this time, exo terra... not tackin no chances wi ventalation

Comment

Working...
            X