X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spiders

Hi there eveyone,

This is my first post on this forum.

I recieved my parcel of 5 tarantulas today, from virginia cheeseman; all were fine on opening.
    I already had the enclosures sorted, so it was just a case of coaxing them into their new homes.

The 2 inch lampropelma violaceopes was a bit on the fast side.
    I also got a GBB sling.gorgeous.
    a Pterinochilus Chordatus.sling.
    a P.rufilata.juve.fiesty.
    and lastly a 3 inch Pamphobeteus fortis.nervous.

so now im up to 25 tarantulas. FOR NOW...

These are all new species for me, so if anybody has any first hand expierience with any of the above, information would be more than welcome?

cheers
    martin

Thats a nice collection you have got there, the violaceopes is a beauty and although mine is roughly about 3" legspan i think they get to about 9". I have found that they live arboreal and terrestrial and are fairly secretive, yet are voracious feeders that will tackle anything. I think Mark Pennell (one of the mods) has bred this sp so he may be able to give you a more in depth information. As for the GBB they are again good feeders and heavy webbers, though can be a bit skittish. The others should be similar to respective spin their subfamily. Hope that helps
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

my old man got a GBB sling the other week they are great slings and so pritty!

take care,

Comment

I will second Mark's comments about the GBBs. I bought a sling a couple of months back and it has yet to refuse a feed, even 2 days before it moulted! It has also created an absolutely amazing network of tunnels in it's web, and despite only being about one inch is quite a confident little thing, happily sitting out in the open and not even 'flinching' when I open its tub to carry out maintenance. Absolute beauty of a spider too
        “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

Comment

Out of my little GBB lot I find the webbing is rather dependant on container size. All 5 are juveniles yet the 2 in 20 x 15 cm containers have webbed everywhere. The three in larger containers profer to utilise bark "caves" I've built for them, and web little. All seem to be happy and well.
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Thanks for the info on GBB,s. My sling has just molted today. Has anyone any info on my Pamphobeteus fortis?

Comment

Working...
            X