Name The Species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name The Species

I bought this perticular T, three years ago as a chromatopelma cyanepubescens (GBB) spiderling. It is obviously something else but im not 100% on what.

Any guess?

My guess from research is Brachyphelma vegans.

Dunno about the species but she's well fed!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

could be Brachypelma angustum
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

It is not a Brachypelma vagans

Comment

thanks for that.Have you any suggestions on what species it could be then?

Comment

I can only guess but it looks like the Brachypelma spp. and it aslo share a few similarities with the Acanthoscurria spp.

Comment

she is very placid and loves to dig herself into her cork bark shelter.I got her from near Blackpool 3 years ago as a sling. Would anybody be able to tell from the next molt,as she seems overdue???

Comment

it is one of the hardest things in the world to confidently identify a T from a picture, particularly with the brachy red rumps as they can be quite close in appearance (not that i am saying it is defo a brachypelma sp lol)

if forced to make a suggestion i would agree that it is not b.vagans as the vagans tends to have thicker curlyer red hairs on the abdomen and the golden fringe on the carapace tends to be alot sharper.
                having said that, it does look due for a moult and therefore coulouration cannot be a 100% reliable identification tool.

my educated guess would be more towards the brachypelma sabulosum direction, but as i said, an identification from a picture is never going to be 100% reliable.

hope this helps
                THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                X