Cyriopagopus schioedtei or Phormictopus cancerides? Decisions decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyriopagopus schioedtei or Phormictopus cancerides? Decisions decisions

I am in the process of trying to make my mind up whether to get a Cyriopagopus schioedtei sling or a Phormictopus cancerides sling. I was just wondering on what other peoples thoughts were with regards this question. I want to base my decision on which of the two will make the more interesting species to keep etc so any input would appreciated muchly.

Diolch yn fawr pawb/thanks very much all,
    Dave
    “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

I cant say about the haitian brown as I've never kept one but the malaysian earth tigers I can. I have two that are about 12 months old and in that 12 months I've seen them about three or four times. They are great spiders but if you wanted a display species I don't think they would be suitable. Theres always exceptions to the rules though but from what I have experience of you won't see them much.

Comment

My Phormictopus cancerides is always out on display no matter what hide I provide.

She will stand her ground and at 8 inches I let her

Just provide a water dish and a piece of cork bark with or without a scrape dug under it she will probably just sit on it and a supply of crickets and thats about it.

Temp ~ 25-28C

Humidity ~ 70-80%

I dont keep any of them asian tunnelers far to loopy for me

8 inches running up the side of her enclosure.......and I survived to tell the tale.

Chris.

Comment

she's pretty chris
        Last edited by Gareth Brink; 21-01-11, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys I ended up going for the Cyriopagopus, beautiful little thing, but extremely shy, and was so fast that I couldn't get a photo ha ha! The Phormictopus is definately next on my list, especially after seeing that pic Chris, she's beautiful! I believe they have a tendency to be a bit feisty? That said, my OBT is particularly well behaved, she threatened me once when I first got her and moved her in to her new tank, and has actually attacked me (ran at me extremely quickly which made me jump a bit ha ha) once but other than that she's quite well behaved

Dave
          “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

Comment

Working...
          X