My PZB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PZB.

Hi every one im after a bit of advice with my Eupalastrus Campestratus. Iv had her for about 3 weeks now and shes only eaten once. But besides that shes like a rock all day long up untill about 12am when all of a sudden shes off. She wont keep still,she will be up and down the tank walls untill the sun comes up. Any idears. I have been told by a few people in the chat room that it could also be an Aphonopelma blue.?

I don't think its activity suggests it could be different to what it was sold as.
    If you were to post up a good, well lit, picture we could give a good indication.

Increased activity might suggest one of the following:
    • The enclosure isn't quite right, perhaps the temperatures are too high or the substrate too moist, just off dry is fine for these with a temps of around 75F.
    • You have a mature male - check for tibial spurs on the front legs and emboli on the pedipalps, plus a slender body with legs for running
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Just sounds like a normal spider to me, as in coming out at night to look for food in the surrounding area, most of the new worlds here are active through the early hours and "hide up" in the day.

As Pete says an activity level doesn't really designate species, and the possibility of a mature male is a valid comment - although i would assume it to be more active throughout the whole day if this was the case.

A clear image would ascertain species (or at least a genus)
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
      X