new addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new addition

hi all just thought i'd let you know i got myself a green bottle blue juvi last night. looks like a little tiger rump at the moment if thats the right word to use. i looked at a thread on these t's and it seems they grow in to little beauty's. they seem fairly straight forward to care for but there's always room for more info if anyone has one. by the way sorry i've forgotten the other name they come under.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, aka - The Greenbottle blue Tarantula , aka - GBB, aka - Green Bottle Blue.
    Think thats it, not mad on common names myself .. too confusing

Husbandry is apparently fairly simple, keep them dry, warmish and spray the web occasionally for drinking water. they eat quite well in general and will take a good selection of food items.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

This has to be one of the most colourful tarantula available, they are my favourite terrestrial, and whats best is they're easy to keep.
      As slings its important to provide a little water but move over to a dry substrate once they're approaching 2". I find a light spray once a week direct onto the web a good idea.
      Unfortunately, they lose the tiger pattern as they get larger but the blue legs, green carapace and orange abdomen comes shining through. They're great eaters, rarely refusing food and eagerly taking it, infact thats the best indication that a moult is on its way - the lack of appetite.
      They're considered semi-arboreal and huge webbers so an enclosure with some raised branches in, perhaps in a faunarium, makes a good basis for attaching its webbing.
      Enjoy!
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

thanks for that colin the other name is quite a mouth full. i've made a note of it incase i have any more questions on this species. thanks again colin.

Comment

thanks for all that info peter it's good to know they like there food. i have seen photo's of adults and like you say there stunning i cant wait. by the way when it is adult will it be ok in a 12 by 12 by 12 exo terra that way there should be enough roon for branches for it to web up and make it a little more at home seeing as there semi aborial.

Comment

Good choice on your new purchase. I am on the look out for a new GBB to replace my daughter's one at the moment. x
            Owner of:
            A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
            Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
            Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

thanks for that joanna. have you tried looking on the spider shop site or virginia cheesemen's site both have loads of t's in stock with a bit of luck one of them or both might have a GBB in stock or you could try the pre loved website you never know good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X