advice on C.leetzi and C.cyaneopubescens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on C.leetzi and C.cyaneopubescens

hello all, i am planning on picking up my first tarantulas in about 10 years. im looking for some interesting display Ts, i have owned all the old favorites, (B.smithi, Avicularias, Poecilotheria and Grammostolas) so im looking for something different. i dont need to handle my Ts ( i have a cat for my petting needs) so aggressive or skittish Ts are ok. i have experience with dangerous/aggressive animals so i am a calm and careful owner.

well i have done my research and i think these two species are looking like my best bet.

Cyriocosmus leetzi-columbian/Venezuela Dwarf Tiger
    Chromatapelma cyaneopubescens-green bottle blue

i have owned several species before but have never kept these two. i have looked up info on the net so know the basics but i was wondering if anyone here keeps either of these species and if there are any important bits of info that could be of help.

thanks for anyy help

dunno about the first one but I keep C. cyaneopubescens with the same conditions as B. smithi. dry but with a water bowl and the occasional light spray once a week.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

thanks, yeah the C.leetzi are new to me too. i just cant resist then, such a lovely little gem of a T! little beauties. so far i have found that they are active burrowers but little info on heat and humidity...

C. cyaneopubescens is a T i have been aware of but never kept, real lookers! i am really looking forward to getting some of these. how are the slings? are they hardy? i prefer raising from sling if at all possible.

thanks again

Comment

I raised mine from sling, they're now juveniles. They have big apetites and when it comes to moulting time you haven't seen webbing like it!

Comment

cool, thanks,im really getting excited about these Ts! i breed my own live food so keeping them well fed shouldnt be a problem.

i have looked around online to start getting prices, whats a fair price for a C.cyaneopubescens sling? a rough estimate will do just so i know what to expect...

now i just need my christmas order cheques to start clearing!

Comment

I'd say the going rate is about £10 to £12, but shop around, see what you find.

Comment

Last night I feed my recently moulted C.cyaneopubescens 5 small black crickets and those she couldnt fit in her fangs were pinned down with a firm foot

She is now large enough to be orange and blue so gone are the days of gold and tiger stripes.

She is kept on peat with cork bark forming a cave which she has never used but has covered it in pure white webbing and has a home in the corner of the enclosure.
              The only other thing in there with her is a waterdish which I overfill slightly every now and again as I dont spray my spids.

Good luck with both species the C.leetzi are a bit small for my old eyes but they look gorgeous on The Spider Shop site.

Chris.

Comment

hey thanks for the replys,
                yeah the gbb webbing antics look really entertaining, im really looking forward to this species.
                and i dont mind small Ts (leetzi) as i keep a few native true spiders so the leetzi will still seem huge in comparison!

Comment

Here's one of my GBB enclosures, its been running for about 2 years:

My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

thats fantastic! im driving myself crazy wanting to get these guys. do C.cyaneopubescens have any health problems or are they prone to any ailments in particular? i know they like it dry, do they have moulting issues?

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X