Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An afternoon at the BTS AGM ( annual general meeting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An afternoon at the BTS AGM ( annual general meeting)

I went down to the BTS Annual General Meeting yesterday. Unfortunately, I was the only "non commitee" member to attend. So i thought I was going to be quite lonely. Quite the contrary. I was made very welcome and even given a cuppa and biscuits.
    It was quite interesting to find out about all the work and effort that is going on behind the scenes to make the BTS possible. From membership issues, organising the BTS Lectures and the BTS Show to merchandise and putting the journal together. And not to forget maintaining the website and the forum. And all that on a voluntary basis. It was quite an eye opener. Just a shame that no members came to show some interest and support. But we are all leading busy lifestyles nowadays and are very time poor. So it is understandable. However, considering that without those comittee guys putting all the hard work in we would not have a BTS or a Show or even the Forum, I do hope that some more people will show up next year. After all: Its our BTS. And it is a good opportunity of having your say as well.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

It's very sad that you were the only one to attend, and fly the flag for members. As I've said before, there is a lot of 'behind the scenes' work that goes on, keeping everything running smoothly, that people just don't think of. Glad you enjoyed your day out there. Perhaps those that didn't attend could make amends by sending a small donation towards running the BTS, now there's a thought
    Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 17-01-11, 12:53 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

You traitor. Linda. Do you want everyone's name to go blue?

Comment

Drat, the plot's been rumbled already, then people like us could go gold

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
          then people like us could go gold
          If anyone could spare the money to fund a years project in conservation then i'm sure we could manage a gold coloured name
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I quite like blue, thank you Colin. lol
            But we're digressing. See if we can beat this year's attendance next year. Would be nice.

Comment

Working...
            X