Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avic sp. Guyana success

Hi all,

My first breeding attempt with these spiders has now resulted in an egg sac. Its about half the size of a chickens egg .

Was just wondering if any of you have any advice with regards to avic sacs? Would you advise pulling it (if so after how many days) or leaving it in with the mother? Only problem I forsee with the latter is that the mother is currently in a 30x30x45 exo terra and i don't want tiny little spiders escaping through all the little gaps where the glass meet!

All advice welcome

Thanks

If you can leave her with no disturbance then leave it with her, they tend to be a little skittish when they have a sac and sometimes bash it around a bit if they get disturbed and run to hide.
    The exoterra would be a problem when the slings hatch out if you leave it with her because of the gaps, you could try and tape up the gaps but there's so many little crevices near the lid where they can get into.
    I think it would be better for you to watch for signs of "sling life" and then get it in the bath and search through the tank and seperate them asap.

If you want to pull it then i'd pull at around 6 weeks, you should have eggs with legs (if not a few nymphs) if the temps are ok.
    You can, if you wish, seperate them at EWL's stage into film pots, use very slightly damp (fine grade) substrate and keep them at around 74/76 degs, this will allow them to progress at a nice pace into nymph then spiderling.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
    X