Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokies and taxonomical changes

Hi everybody.

Does anyone know anything about taxonomical changes in genus Poecilotheria from 2004??

Thanks for every links, or any other help.

Best regards
    Tom
    LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Hi Thomas,

Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica Smith was described in 2004. The World Spider Catalog doesn't list anything more in the taxonomic life if Poecilotheria from 2004. Do you mean just in the year 2004 or from 2004 and onward?

Smith, A. M. 2004. A new species of the arboreal theraphosid, genus Poecilotheria, from southern India (Araneae, Mygalomorphae, Theraphosidae) with notes on its conservation status. Journal of the British Tarantula Society 19: 48-61.

-Zoltan
    Spider Myths | Curious Taxonomy | The World Spider Catalog - Theraphosidae

"We are all taxonomists." -Judith Winston
    "The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity." -Edward Osborne Wilson
    "Principle of Priority - the oldest fool is always right!" -H. Segers & Y. Samyn

Comment

Thank you for answer. I meant from 04 till today. I'm asking, because I currently translate article You cited, but You know... From 04 now is 7 years, so maybe something changed, and just wanted to be sure.

Thank you very much for answer.
      LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Comment

In that case, again based on TWSC:

As I posted earlier, Andrew M. Smith described Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica in 2004.

Palpal and epigynal illustrations of P. pederseni were included in Peters' book published in 2005.

In 2006, Rao, Bastawade, Javed & Krishna described P. nallamalaiensis and Andrew M. Smith described P. tigrinawesseli.

in 2010, Ray Gabriel synonymised P. nallamalaiensis with P. formosa.
        • Peters, H.-J. 2005b. Tarantulas of the world: Kleiner Atlas der Vogelspinnen - Band 3. Published by the author, 130 pp.
        • Rao, K. T., D. B. Bastawade, S. M. M. Javed & I. S. R. Krishna. 2006a. Description of two new species of spiders of the genus Poecilotheria Simon (Araneae: Theraphosidae) and Tmarus Simon (Araneae: Thomisidae) from Nallamalai Hills, eastern Ghats, Andhra Pradesh, India. Records of the Zoological Survey of India 106(1): 49-54.
        • Smith, A. M. 2006. A new species of Poecilotheria from northern peninsular India (Araneae, Mygalomorphae, Theraphosidae) with notes on its distribution and conservation status. Journal of the British Tarantula Society 21: 83-94.
        • Gabriel, R. 2010. Poecilotheria nallamalaiensis Rao et al., 2006, a junior synonym of Poecilotheria formosa Pocock, 1899. Newsletter of the British Arachnological Society 118: 12-15.

You can find most of these articles in the Downloads section here, otherwise feel free to send me a PM on which articles do you need and I might be able to help you, but know that I don't have Peters' book.

-Zoltan
        Last edited by Zoltan Mihaly Lestyan; 28-01-11, 07:31 PM.
        Spider Myths | Curious Taxonomy | The World Spider Catalog - Theraphosidae

"We are all taxonomists." -Judith Winston
        "The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity." -Edward Osborne Wilson
        "Principle of Priority - the oldest fool is always right!" -H. Segers & Y. Samyn

Comment

I did check the download section, but unfortunately can not open anything... Just can see the msg : "Invalid ID".

If You could, please send some info to my e-mail : major.toffffik@gmail.com.

All the best
          Tom
          LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Comment

Working...
          X