BTS Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Show

I know it's early but we are getting organised. Where are you all staying? We ended up in a dodgy place last year! We want to go for a Premier Inn or Travelodge. Also where do/did we meet the night before!?

Originally posted by Mandy Clinch View Post
    I know it's early but we are getting organised. Where are you all staying? We ended up in a dodgy place last year! We want to go for a Premier Inn or Travelodge. Also where do/did we meet the night before!?
    we will drive up on the day as we did last year our first time and what a fantastic day I had believe me that day is deep set in my mind.
    I met Colin D Wilson and Ray Hale and his wife..
    I got my first t and now I can't wait for the next expo and have a out standing time and hopefully meet more friends I've made.
    And to get more t's

Thanks to Ray and Angela for making this expo so great.
    Last edited by John chambers; 12-02-11, 07:28 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

same im only up the road, it only takes a hour

Comment

Dear all is it really that close to the show...? Better get my organising head on then. Seriously though it REALLY is that close to the show and we are in full organising mode. May 22nd 2011 is our 26th Exhibition and despite the school throwing me a curved ball by increasing the hire price we still feel we can organise a unique event . The booking forms for tables will go out on Monday and we have not increased the booking fees. This will encourage the traders to return to us again and allow them to be competitive.
        So what can you do to help us. Well we need volunteers to assist us laying out the tables on SATURDAY 21st . A hard working, loyal ( I like to think), small happy group of helpers usually turn up to be abused, flogged and generally worked to death by me. Only joking. We normally turn up at 12 noon and prepare the halls for the next day. It takes about 2 hours and then we retire to the pub for general merriment and much falling down. We then rise at 5.30 am and return to site to greet the masses. We haven’t missed one yet but Angela is much better than an alarm clock.
        So we need the following:
        Volunteers on SATURDAY 21st to assist in laying tables out. Putting up posters etc.
        Volunteers to help us put the tables away on SUNDAY after the show. This is hard work but the more help we get the easier and quicker we get finished .
        Volunteers to sell raffle tickets on SUNDAY 22nd. You should be polite, well presented and trustworthy. (That lets most of us out!) Prizes will be announced nearer the day, when I’ve decided what they will be LOL
        Volunteers to man (or woman of course) the doors before the exhibition opens on SUNDAY to show traders to their positions and ensure only traders showing passes enter the halls.
        Volunteers to assist on the car park before the show opens on SUNDAY directing traffic. (You get a nice yellow jacket with this job) We did use Andrew Smith one year but he started colour coding the cars.
        You won’t be expected to work all day as I know you want to get your hands on the goodies on offer but if you can spare a couple of hours to help I would be very grateful. What do you get for all this undying loyalty to your club.....respect. ( Oh and a free pass to the show).
        Please do not volunteer if you are going to let us down as I have to organise a rota for the day and I like yourselves wish to see the show. Last year I spent most of the day on the car park or in the toilet sorting out loo paper. If you wish to volunteer to help please PM me and I will give you more details.
        I would ask that if you want to help you must let me know the week before the show as we often get people volunteering on the day which is nice of them but by then I have all the help I need.
        We aim to provide you with a first class exhibition and with your help we can.
        I will be sorting out a list of hotels in the area soon and posting this up shortly and anyone is welcome to join us in the pub ( The Elizabeth Arms on the Saturday night)
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Could anybody tell me how to get to the show from Preston (Lancs) by train? Or maybe someone will be able to pick up 2 persons??

Cheers.
          LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Comment

HI Thomas,

I beleive trains run directly dfrom Preston to Wolverhampton and then its either a short taxi ride ( about £7) or you can get a Wolverhampton to Birmingham train and get off at Coseley. From the station it is a five minute walk.

I will be posting better details and times up later but at the moment the website tells me you cannot book this far in advance. I will do some checking for you.

Ray
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I stayed at a Travel Lodge in Birmingham a few years back for the BTS. It was good - cheap, had car parking and was easy to find. The rooms are standard for all Travel Lodges so I knew what to expect

Comment

Thank You for answer, Ray. I did check trains too, but didn't see anything for that date... The main thing i was confused is the stop where I should leave the train, cause didn't travel across the UK before. But now I know everything I wanted to know.

See You there
                Cheers
                LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Comment

i think me and my family are coming from sunny scotland ,nice road trip for the three of us !.

i was just going to ask about local hotels ..... but the above post mentioned travel lodge .

looking forward to meeting people from the hobby !
                  who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Thomas, if you come out of Coseley station, turn right and then the first right again (its literally like doing a u-turn, its that close) you'll be there. If you get the 09:10 from Preston to Crewe and then change to get the 11:00 from Crewe to Coseley. you'll get there in time for the doors to open!!
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Thank You Nicola. Now it looks very easy to find. That's the best way to get there to me, cause I might take my female and two tlings with me.

PS. The little juvi pederseni from You moulted twice and now is a pretty female
                      LIBERATE MY MADNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                        Thomas, if you come out of Coseley station, turn right and then the first right again (its literally like doing a u-turn, its that close) you'll be there. If you get the 09:10 from Preston to Crewe and then change to get the 11:00 from Crewe to Coseley. you'll get there in time for the doors to open!!
                        We might get to meet lol mist out at SEAS

Comment

Working...
                        X