Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lasiodora parahybana spiderling

hi guys and gals

my l.parahybana spiderling had a third moult last night all went well and is getting a good size now ! .

and its looking like ive got a male ..

is there any way to sex spiderlings bearing in mind im a novice to keeping tarantulas compaired to nearly everyone else on here ...

iain
    who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Hi Iain, if that's 3rd instar, it's too small to sex, what makes you think it's a male

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
      Hi Iain, if that's 3rd instar, it's too small to sex, what makes you think it's a male
      hi , sorry i should of said 3rd moult since i bought it ... going by pics of other l.ps i recon its on the 5th instar , i think its male as the abdomin after this moult is tiny , thats all its based on .
      who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

The size of the abdomen is not really anything to go by, what's the leg span? You can sometimes visually sex them if you can get a good pic of the underside abdomen when they're on the side of the tank. It's not 100% accurate but you can make a pretty good guess.

Comment

ah ok ....
          as for now its still in hiding in its burrow so ive no chance of getting leg span or pics ,still a very shy tarantula ...likes hiding
          ps are you having probs using the pic uploader , i cant seen to upload a pic on this thread

Comment

Hi, if you go to the black box bottom left 'reply to thread', you need to click onto the square box which says 'insert image' then you can upload pics off your computer or by URL. Here's a pic of a moult, the toothpick points to what you're looking for, if it looks like that, then it's a girl Click image for larger version

Name:	moults 15.9.2010 001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	94034

Comment

i think with the moults ive got it would be impossable to check for that .......

Comment

The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

cant upload the pic for some reason , heres a link to a pic of her three moults

Comment

Hi, yes it's certainly made good growth, if that's the sequence of moults, that can sometimes indicate a male. On the last moult, the white dot you see is one of the book lungs, you're looking to the left of that, same as the pic I've put on.

Comment

unfortunatly its to tangled up to check properly.....maybe next moult ill beable to figure it out !
                    Last edited by iain dickie; 08-02-11, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X