Haplopelma lividum sac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplopelma lividum sac!

There's nothing more satisfying than finding a freshly moulted spider in your T room, until..... you find an egg sac!! I noticed yesterday one of my H.lividum females had lined the floor of her burrow with a thick layer of silk. Today she was carrying a sac! Fortunately she dug her burrow right down one corner of the tank so I can just about see inside. I started pairing her in November.

So my question is: When do I pull the sac?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jamie.
    My Collection:

I'd go for when they're into nymphs, then you can pot them up seperatly without having to worry about teleporting slings all over the place.

I think i mentioned about 6 weeks to nymphs sometime ago in reply to another post but i'm actually not convinced i'm right on that. Maybe someone who's bred recently will confirm this or put me right.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Jamie, I have e-mailed you.

Cheers

Ray
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Thanks guys.

Colin, when you say nymphs, is that the "eggs with legs" stage?

Jamie
        My Collection:

Comment

bit vague there sorry.

by nymph i meant fully mobile nymphs (or N2) the next stage on from EWL (N1)

They're just a little easier to tub up and just toddle into a film pot for you, they dont try and do a runner like slings and if they do ... it's in slow-mo
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Ah right, I'm with you now.

Thanks for the advice Colin, much appreciated.

Jamie
            My Collection:

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Jamie
              Brachypelma vagans 0.0.1
              Lasiodora parahybana 0.0.1
              Grammostola rosea 0.1.0
              Poecilotheria regalis 0.0.1
              Poecilotheria rufilata 0.1.0
              Brachypelma smithi 0.1.0
              Avicularia versicolor 0.0.1
              Psalmopoeus irminia 0.0.1
              Aphonopelma schmidti 0.1.0
              Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 0.0.1
              Acanthoscurria geniculata 0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Barnard View Post
                Fingers crossed for you Jamie
                Thanks Chris!
                My Collection:

Comment

Congrats jamie, where they fairly simple to pair up or a nightmare? I have a juvi H.Lividum im hoping turns male for my female.
                  Tarantulas kept:
                  0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrison View Post
                    Congrats jamie, where they fairly simple to pair up or a nightmare? I have a juvi H.Lividum im hoping turns male for my female.
                    Thanks Mark!

It was fairly straight forward really. Not the daunting task I had imagined. Moving the male was a bit tricky, but other than that it was fairly simple. I paired them 5 times in total over about 4 weeks. He was fortunate to get away a couple of times! Sac is 4 days old and quite big, around the size of a golf ball.

Jamie.
                    My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                    X