Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some advice needed re g.rosea moult

hi guys and gals

last night my sub adult rosea flipped on to her back at around 9pm , this morning there is no change still lying in same position ... i was wondering if this time scale is normal for sub adults , shes not moulted since ive owned her

iain
    who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Couple or three days is the longest here Iain.
    They do take their sweet time, if she slowly moves her legs around occasionaly then thats a good sign.

Try not to panic and think things are wrong, could be a while yet.

Dont bother doing what most do and think spraying the tank will help out by raising the hunidity, it wont help, in fact it could hinder the spiders moulting by making her too damp and giving her problems hardening up. She's already decided it's right for her to moult and has prepared herself in the environment she's been in for the last few weeks/months.

These spiders can (and will) moult in the dryest of conditions with no bother.

They know what they're doing
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

hi colin

as soon as i posted this morning she started moving slow but sure , as of now shes making good progress .

yeah i left her alone not bothering her with spraying , had some good advice in the past about roseas and the drier habitat !

its just good to make sure though
      who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by iain dickie View Post
        its just good to make sure though
        Certainly is ... pictures if possible when she's done ... nothing like a nicely moulted rosea/porteri to show off just how they are not a boring brown spider
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

yeah i will get some pics up soon .....

Comment

Working...
          X