ceratogyrus marshalli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceratogyrus marshalli

I treated myself today to a new friend of the eight legged kind... we have increased our collection with a ceratogyrus marshalli (straight horned baboon spider). does any one have any stories about these little beauties?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0366.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	94040Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0372.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	94041Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0373.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	94042Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0375.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	94043Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0376.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	94044

She has settled into her new tank nicely, I threw her a hopper in and whack straight away she decided it was munchies time. The hopper hit the floor, she twitched then whack, she flew across the tank like usain bolt and sank her nashers into her dinner =]
    Last edited by Gareth Brink; 26-02-11, 12:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello Brink,

I had three F1 marshalli but two of them dead on the DSC syndrom probably at 3th-4th molt , only third specimen live always and now is at 7th. inst. and look like male. They are very voracious anf they have like more dryness.. their copulation is calm usually.

best regards

O.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0460.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	94105Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0459.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	94106Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0457.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	94107Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0461.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	94108

My not quite so little beauty moulted recently and she decided to make a rare appearance. she spends 99% of her time in her tunnels, we sometimes see her front feet come out just to crab her food as it walks past the front of it lol

Comment

One of my favorite species of T's

A couple of questions.

Is that condensation on the glass ?

What is the white thing in the corner ?

Hopefully its not a sponge or even worse, cotton wool

Comment

well yes it is condensation (in the first lot) as that was when I had first set her tank up and the substrate was still drying out, in the second lot its just some dry water marks from when i spray in her tank... every now n then i give a couple of spays of light mist just to have a little 'dew' on the ground but it dries up with in hours, but generally her substrate is very dry. yes that WAS cotton wool.. before i was made aware of its down falls... not its just a dish (that keeps getting filled with substrate) that i soak for her
            Last edited by Gareth Brink; 13-05-11, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X