WC Arachnid Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC Arachnid Supply

Hey Just posting to ask if anyone knows where I can get a good supply of WC arachnids?
    It is for research purposes looking into mites on tropical arachnids.
    Not really leaning to popular shops like TSS or Bugzuk as I don't want to pay an arm or a leg for it and also I'm looking at buying in bulk

Any help would be appreciated

Scott

Hi Scott.

I saw your post on reptileforums and here. Would be interested to discuss further what you plans are, as i may be able to help somehow. Really you are only going to get a few disjoint things relying on WC import, all of which should have been quarantined. Unless of course you want to look specifically at mites that are imported with pettrade material. Then you are going to have a hard time knowing where the animal came from except maybe country (which could be wrong), or no knowledge about where the mite passengers came from. Maybe i can help with other options or suggestions.

Ps. Im a research biologist, so no worries about flame reply or go so amazingly off-topic like you had on other forums!
    Last edited by stuart longhorn; 03-03-11, 01:37 PM.
    British Tarantula Society
    My Lovely spiders:

Comment

omg you posted on rfuk...that took guts!!! i avoid their invert section now...too many google experts
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
        omg you posted on rfuk...that took guts!!! i avoid their invert section now...too many google experts
        Don't think it was guts for some reason

Comment

Wasn't really either just needed to put the feelers out, didn't have much luck with importers

Comment

to be honest, i think it'd be quite hard to know for sure that the mites etc on a given animal come from its native locality.
            it's possible to cross-contaminate with other specimens from other places...and that can muddy up the data a significant amount...
            the only way to be sure might be to travel to the locations from where they're collected...
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
              the only way to be sure might be to travel to the locations from where they're collected...
              +1, and on that note if anybody wants to fund my PhD and eventual trip to India, I'd be happy to entertain offers!
              ɟooɹ ʎɯ uo buıʞןɐʍ ɐןnʇuɐɹɐʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Waterous View Post
                +1, and on that note if anybody wants to fund my PhD and eventual trip to India, I'd be happy to entertain offers!
                the BTS does occasionally offer research grants!
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X