BTS Exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Exhibition

Hello new member here , just wanting to know as i have never been to the exhibition, are the dealers that are there just sell trantula equipment and turantulas or do they sell other invertbrates to, thanks

they sell all manner of wonders! from stick insects to scorpions to roaches to mantids to assassin bugs to beetles to hermit crabs...

there is usually a plethora of inverts to choose from! truly amazing!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

sorry, forgot to say it before but WELCOME!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. As James says the exhibition is full of all sorts of invertebrates. There is a free lecture by Andrew Smith (chairman of the BTS). Competitions where you can enter your spiders and win trophies and meet like minded people from the hobby.

Look forward to seeing you on the day

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Lol brilliant, personally i am a beetle and stick insect man myself, but i do like trantulas as a couple of my mates have got them
          and thanks for the welcome
          im going to have to creep round my dad to get me there lol

One last question, would any of the stalls sell the required substrate for beetles, as its a pain to find, cheers lads n ladies, Dan

Comment

bumpsysssss

Comment

There are usually beetle sellers at the exhibition. The French guys bring lots of sticks and beetles. Im sure they will be able to assist you

Cheers
              Ray
              British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
              The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
              On
              [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Aswome Thanks once again ray

Comment

It's a fantastic expo and a must go.
                  I went last year and it was my first time and I was just learning.
                  But I look forward to this years as it is just great and all thanks to Ray and his wife for making it so.
                  There is just so much to see and wonderful people to meet.
                  Your love it...
                  And welcome to a great forum..

Comment

there's usually a trader that for the last two years has been by the door in the first room leading to the second room with bags of this fantastic leaf litter substrate, a pound a bag, as i recall...
                    so yes, i'd expect everything you need would be obtainable at the show!
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Wow a pound a bag , thats a dam good deal how big are they around, might have to stock up on a years suply lol :P
                      BTW cheers for the welcome john might see you there :P

And furthermore i just managed to convince my father to get me there even though hes scared of bugs ( dint like my 3 stick insects, he ran ot my bedroom cus of it lol ) but hes slowly getting used to them now, managed to evn old one for about 15 seconds XD
                      So if u see me there ill be walking round with a bloke that keeps going urrgh at the insects lol XD dam im looking forward to it now ;D

Comment

they're not big, but they're a decent portion. it's good value, i reckon. or you can get bricks of coir that expand with water for maybe the same price (as a show discount...most stuff is discounted)
                        Originally posted by Daniel Downes View Post
                        Wow a pound a bag , thats a dam good deal how big are they around, might have to stock up on a years suply lol :P
                        BTW cheers for the welcome john might see you there :P

And furthermore i just managed to convince my father to get me there even though hes scared of bugs ( dint like my 3 stick insects, he ran ot my bedroom cus of it lol ) but hes slowly getting used to them now, managed to evn old one for about 15 seconds XD
                        So if u see me there ill be walking round with a bloke that keeps going urrgh at the insects lol XD dam im looking forward to it now ;D
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X