P metallica moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P metallica moult

My juvenile P metallica had a moult last week and I'm so happy. Only thing is "she" won't let me get the old shed as she's very active and I'm struggling to retreive it now as I wanted to get hold of it so I could try get it sexed but no joy I'm afraid. I'm going to move "her" soon into a new enclosure which will allow me to see more of "her" as at the moment it's kept in the usual opaque tub. I did manage a quick picture when I was feeding "her" so here you go

Amazing, this species is on my short list right after I pick up P subfusca and P smithi. She's a pretty little lady (or gentleman), but maybe a little too small to sex just yet without a good scope? (On a completely different note, thank you as you have just accidentally reminded me to add last nights P cambridgei molt to my record keeper).
    ɟooɹ ʎɯ uo buıʞןɐʍ ɐןnʇuɐɹɐʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ

Comment

I got her from a very well rspected pokie breeder and he was sure "she" is a female but I will wait and see when I get a decent moult to examine. I recently got myself a subfusca sling and I was so impressed by the colours and patterns even at this early stage of it's life. It is a Highland species too.

Comment

A perfect example of why subfusca is at the top of my need to get list. A lot of respectable breeders over here are starting to employ usb miscroscopes as part of their arsenal, I wouldn't be too shocked to hear the same from over there. In other words, there's a good chance they know what they're on about if they felt confident enough to let you know. Second opinions just help reduce that surprise for the 1 in 10 that suddenly turn into boys.
        ɟooɹ ʎɯ uo buıʞןɐʍ ɐןnʇuɐɹɐʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hadgett View Post
          My juvenile P metallica had a moult last week and I'm so happy. Only thing is "she" won't let me get the old shed as she's very active and I'm struggling to retreive it now as I wanted to get hold of it so I could try get it sexed but no joy I'm afraid. I'm going to move "her" soon into a new enclosure which will allow me to see more of "her" as at the moment it's kept in the usual opaque tub. I did manage a quick picture when I was feeding "her" so here you go
          Wow, how beautiful!

Comment

I agree, she/he's so pretty!

Comment

I remember the first tarantula I ever owned was a P. metallica, beautiful spider. There's a pic of him here along with a few others I've kept/am keeping http://www.flickr.com/photos/58318836@N04/
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                I remember the first tarantula I ever owned was a P. metallica, beautiful spider. There's a pic of him here along with a few others I've kept/am keeping http://www.flickr.com/photos/58318836@N04/
                Cool pics. I'm lovin' Toni!

Comment

Thanks Tina. You should see Mai Mai now she's sub adult. She's amazing ( but strictly nocturnal, hence no recent pictures). I really think everyone should keep H. schmidti, theyre georgeous (nearly as pretty at P. metallica!)
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                  X