Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matilda is very poorly?? T Blondi Help

Hello everyone
    Been a while since i posted but im just after some thoughts on why Matilda my T Blondi female is on her last legs...Shes a mature female and hasnt been eating for some months now and i thought she was going to moult as is the usual for this time of year but yesterday we noticed her abdomen had become kind of cratered and shriveled as if shes dehydrated...but now it looks like she on her way out with her legs curled up and unresponsive...im just after some thoughts on why she has expired..shes probably around 12 years old now and has been no trouble to keep up until now...sad to lose her it is....
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

I'm sure you've already gone through the basic steps, but did she go into an ICU at all? Just to know if dehydration was a part of the issue to any degree? I recall somebody on another forum had a similar issue, same description, same Genus and species, and no logical conclusion was ever reached sadly. Pictures of her abdomen might be beneficial to some of the more experienced or vet trained if you have them.
    ɟooɹ ʎɯ uo buıʞןɐʍ ɐןnʇuɐɹɐʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Waterous View Post
      I recall somebody on another forum had a similar issue, same description, same Genus and species, and no logical conclusion was ever reached sadly.
      rings a bell with me too, was a while back (had a quick search but to no avail)
      Seems like they just get to the end of their individual "life-clock" and, sad to say, just give up.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by scott wilson View Post
        ...but now it looks like she on her way out with her legs curled up and unresponsive...im just after some thoughts on why she has expired..shes probably around 12 years old now and has been no trouble to keep up until now...sad to lose her it is....
        It's always sad to loose a T, especially a big one, we had an AF Blondi that made 13 yrs, missed a moult, basically went thin then shrivelled and died, and I think 10yrs+ is good as they are generally overfed, wrongly imo, and very heavy throughout their life, which increases the length of their premoult stage and reduces the chance of successfully moulting, as they get older.

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies....i tend to agree that it must of just been her time...she was well looked after and had a good innings just sad as the day before she was roaming her viv without a care in the world....she will buried in the garden today....she was a very special tarantula and a joy to know and look after...R.I.P Matilda

Comment

Picture? .

Comment

might be in his avatar :P
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                might be in his avatar :P
                Yeah i can really the damage area in the spiders abdomen there

Comment

That pic in my avatar was Matilda when she was healthy...i didnt post a picture of her abdomen when she died as i was too busy over the weekend..enough of the sarcastic comments thanks....thats not what being on this forum is about

Comment

Working...
                  X