Lasiodorides polycuspulatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasiodorides polycuspulatus

does anyone keep these? i've always liked "blonde" spiders for some reason (as these are called Peruvian blondes in some sources), and i saw a picture in these recently from an old journal (2003) that Ray Gabriel had that sealed the deal.
    i wouldn't mind seeing pics, seeing care info etc...anything really!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Here's a photo of an adult female I had a few years ago.

I gave her a roomy terrestrial setup with a good 5 inches of substrate but she never burrowed. She was out on show a lot, never once gave me any aggro but could be a little bit skittish. Temperatures were about 23-25c with a night drop of a couple of degrees. Humidity was moderate, I didn't push it much higher than 70%. A lovely species that unfortunately isn't seen as often as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart Macgregor View Post
      Here's a photo of an adult female I had a few years ago.

I gave her a roomy terrestrial setup with a good 5 inches of substrate but she never burrowed. She was out on show a lot, never once gave me any aggro but could be a little bit skittish. Temperatures were about 23-25c with a night drop of a couple of degrees. Humidity was moderate, I didn't push it much higher than 70%. A lovely species that unfortunately isn't seen as often as it should be.
      thanks for posting that pic, Stewart, she was a stunner! thanks for the care info, too. hmm this hasn't dampened my desire for one at all lol
      they appear to be another underrated beauty of the spider world
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Hi James,

I have two juveniles/subadults... just one doesnt live with me. That seems to happen to my spiders!

I find the one i have rather skittish too. Im hoping it turns like Stewarts above.

If you like Lasiodorides, check out the big female L.striatus for sale now at spidershop, which is a species i havent ever seen live. I heard a few around previously, but rare as hens teeth. Looks like this is a new import. I cant bring myself to buy it... but it could well be real Lasiodorides (which i think you will see pictured in Baxter's book as Pamphobeteus sp, which became Pamphobeteus sp 'wallacei'.... ?did i remember right?

I cant bring myself to buy this P.striatus, but i would be superbly jealous of someone who did.
        s
        Last edited by stuart longhorn; 25-03-11, 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling edits
        British Tarantula Society
        My Lovely spiders:

Comment

I did have a sling of this species James, i sold it last year when i had to thin my collection down though, those Lasiodorides that are in stock at the spidershop look very tempting indeedy!!

Comment

i noticed after the key issue that James seems to be favouring 'blonde' spiders.

Well, apparently Gentlemen prefer blondes.!

regards
            s
            British Tarantula Society
            My Lovely spiders:

Comment

hey Stuart, would you be interested in going halfs on the striatus? lol! i'd love to see the blue colouration after a moult!
              Lasiodorides is underrated.
              maybe you could bring your polycuspulatus (whichever you have to hand) next time i see you, and i can NOT AT ALL TRY TO STEAL IT
              oh meant to say that bit quietly...whoops
              i am foolishly trying to talk someone into selling me their Homoeomma sp "blue, large"...it's blue and ...large
              i'm starting to see the appeal in blue spiders, as you can see, but blondes are the best

yeah i think you're right about that wallacei thing! though Mr Gabriel has said that it's a nonexistent scientific name!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X