DEEP JUNGLE - MARTIN NICHOLAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEP JUNGLE - MARTIN NICHOLAS

Could NOBODY find it in their heart to visit this Forum and congratulate Martin Nicholas on his excellent work on the series 'Deep Jungle' in which he appeared tonight on British Television (ITV)?

Well I for one am proud of you Martin. Your tarantula cam was wonderful. Your presentational style was down to earth and entertaining and the subject matter was of interest to millions of people.

Thank you for the insight and long may your TV career continue.

Carl

Reply to my own text!

Okay - before some smart a++e points out there were some comments on the site...I looked under the date and I looked for a seperate heading, which Martin deserves. I DIDN'T EXPECT COMMENTS TO BE MADE UNDER THE HEADING SCARY SCREENSAVER!!!

Still - THERE SHOULD BE MORE COMMENTS TO MARTIN. Come on. Get off your backsides and type stuff. Use this FORUM.

Not very often I go off on one - but we have lots of members with lots of computers and lots of keyboards. Come BACK to the BTS Forum please.

There...I'm done.

Comment

oops, the topic labled TOP STUFF was ment to be a reply to this thresd , must of clicked the wrong tab lol, paul

Comment

Will he be taking the camera which he used on the Program to the BTS show?

Comment

Carl
          I do agree with you, and there is indeed a thread, "one scary screen saver" in which both myself, Kim, Ray and a few others has mentioned our admiration and congratulations to our very own TV Martin Nicholas.

Messages both pre and post show.

To view the comments made read the thread one scary screensaver!

Anyway Congrats to Martin for job well done.

Regards
          Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

A very enjoyable programme.

Some of the photography was excellent, and the tarantulacam is a great idea. Oh, and nice Phoneutria

Well done Martin

Comment

Hi
              Nice one Martin, good programme, would have liked to have seen more on the spiders being communual and closeness of burrows to get an idea of the colony size etc, I guess that was looked at but cut for the show.
              regards
              phil
              www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Congratulations Martin!
                I enjoyed the programme,it was great, shame they didnt show more spider but it was aimed at the mass' not us T keeper lot.
                Cant wait for another article regarding the chicken spider I have read your recent one a few times as it was fantastic.
                You are a brave bloke, you wouldnt have cauught me anywhere near that bloomin wandering spider lol.
                Keep up the good work.
                Layla. x

Comment

Dear All,

Thanks for the the kind words and support. As all of you have worked out for yourselves, programmes of this kind aired in prime time MUST cater to the maximum demographic spectrum - i.e. get as many viewers as possible (it was up against Holby City)

Personally I am just pleased that we managed to get tarantulas featured so prominently in such a high profile show as Deep Jungle (the first Natural History programme that ITV have made since Survival was halted by the way.

Would I like to have a made a show that went deeper into the relationship betwen the spider and her offspring? - would I have liked to show the symbiosis with the Microhylid frog that lives down the burrow with the spiders? of course! But my friends, that is of interest to us and not to the general public who, in 3 weeks, will be watching "Big Brother"

The pitch for this segment of the show put to me was the "adventure" aspect, the hunt, the difficulties and dangers and ultimately, the discovery of the spider. I hope that is what we achieved, more or less.

Anyone who wants to come up and chat on Sunday at the BTS exhibition about the show, I'd be happy to chew the fat.

Ohh and one more thing - I will be bringing a preserved Chicken Spider with me if you'd like to see one!

See ya and thanks again
                  M
                  The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first!

Comment

Wow, gotta see that spider on sunday.
                    Did you actually observe it taking chickens at all? I only caught the last 15minutes of the program, so sorry if it was on the earlier part.

Still can't believe anything that large would live communally like that, almost scary.
                    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Congrats Martin

It was ver interestion shame there wasnt more spiders there was far too much on the brazil nuts lol

I have it on tape if anyone missed it

Look forward to seeing you at the show

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

EXCELENT

Probably the best Theraphosid documentary there has been.

I missed it on the night but a friend copied it for me so saw it last night.

Cannot wait to see the preserved one.

Ray

Comment

Sadly I missed it. But thankfully it's repeated on Sunday. Now all i've got to do is figure out the video plus. The article in the BTS journal was astounding, looking forward to having a look at the preserved one on sunday, then hopefully watch deep jungle when i get back!

Comment

Many congrats on the Show Martin, I cannot wait to see it!! As you know when you bring something like this to the mainstream public, everyone has an opinion on how you could have done a better job of it. Doesn't matter what the doco is, every single one gets the same attention from rellevant enthusiasts who want the precise science of it all, but wouldn't think for one minute the producers run the show.

So, from myself, many congrats on getting a bloody great big spider on TV and of a great job of convincing the producers you had something worthy for the show, no small feat I know!

Well done!! Can't wait to see it down here in Oz

Steve Nunn
                            Australian Tarantulas website
                            http://www.thedailylink.com/australiantarantulas

Comment

Working...
                            X