Found a dead un this morning :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a dead un this morning :'(

This morning I decided to do a watering round, watering and spaying our babies, and noticed that our H.Lividum has passed on. We hadnt seen him for a couple of days but didnt think much of it but noticed he was all curled up under his hide.

Iv seen a couple of threads in the past about preserving males, well girlies too, for study. Does any one know of where, or want for themselves, for me to send him to? He had his final moult in October '10 and passed on some time in the last week, sorry cant give exact dates.

Sorry about ur loss Gareth! Such pretty T's!

Comment

Hi

Yes we can use him here at the Hope Entomological Collections Oxford University Museum of Natural History,

Are you comming to the BTS?

Mean time can you place him in the freezer

Regards

Ray and Stuart

Comment

Are moults of any use to you Ray?
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

no im not coming to the bts do, but i have kept him in the freezer. do you have an address i could post him to?

Comment

So sorry man.

Comment

Sorry, i didnt see this before. Donations are most most welcome, thankyou for the offer. Hope he's stored in the freezer.

Its best to bring donations of deads to the shows, as that means short transport time, then they can be put straight into preservative alcohol. Postal system is not really
              desirable as dead spider + warm closed box in transit for days = one smelly and possibly falling apart dead spider.

Is it a dead adult male? Those can be ok to post, as theres not much on them to go off, mostly just cuticle.

Heres where it should go though if you say postage is the only way
              Contact details of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History

Please write a label with all the info you have, especially species, date of death, your name, and if you have
              details of who you got it from, and when it moulted to maturity (if an adult male). The more info the better.

Ray Gabriel/Zoe Simmons
              Oxford University Museum of Natural History,
              Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PW
              British Tarantula Society
              My Lovely spiders:

Comment

oops, just read back, apoximate dates are fine if that's all you have,

and yes.. sorry for your loss!!
                British Tarantula Society
                My Lovely spiders:

Comment

Working...
                X