can someone help me please...bald abdomen on t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me please...bald abdomen on t

Hi all, i wonder if someone can answer a question for me...I recently bought a salmon pink through a sale on a forum (not this one!) and ive been and collected it from the post office this afternoon and i am really dissapointed....apon opening the package, the packagaing was great but well, ill leave u to look at the pics to see what im not happy about...

can anyone tell me wether this would have happened over a long period of time and the seller sent it knowing it was like this?? or could it have happened in transit (there were no hairs in the tub.. so i very much doubt it)...he is trying to tell me that it must have happened in transit which i dont beleive

And is there any chance that when it moults the hair will have grown back??

I dont really mind having a baldy baby but it was sold to me, and i suspect, he used a different picture than one of this actual spider

ty
    debi

2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 rats, chile rose, salmon pink, nhandu chromatus baby, mexiacan redleg baby,versicolour, 1 sun conure, 3 budgies, 1 bearded dragon, 1 tokay gecko, 1 emperor scorp baby

Hi debi and welcome to the forum. First off, yes the hair will grow back when the spider next molts. As for when it happened it may have occurred when the tarantula was being potted up for mailing. Depending on how rough the seller was and how stressed the spider felt. At least the t arrived healthy, im sure we have all had some horror stories to tell. Sadly there are some people within the hobby are out for a quick buck and will use any method to sell tarantula's. Although these people are few and far between and everyone who i have bought from at shows or on the forum are 100% trustworthy.
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Hi Debi, first thing. Dont panic! Bald abdomens occur for a numebr of reasons. The first is of course has Mark points out , stress. The second is that when a tarantula is approaching a moult the hairs are often lost naturally has the abdomen stretches. My guess is that when you have rehoused her she wil moult within the next week or so. Tarantulas have a knack of putting of a moult until the conditions are right. Once she has undergone a shed the hairs will return.
      Apart from that she looks perfectly fine to me. and a good size. HSe is obvioulsy well fed and just needs a new home.

Hope this helps

Ray Hale
      BTS Committee

PS welcome to the forum.
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Welcome to the forum Debi

When I packaged my adult male Acanthoscurria geniculata he left me with a massive cloud of hair god knows what his bum looked like when the container was opened at the other end lol.

As has been said once yours is re-housed in its new home it will probably go into moult cycle and with a bare backside once it goes dark in colour you will know it wont be far away. Then you will have a spanking new spider in perfect condition.

Chris S.

Comment

Thank you very much to the lovely people that replied...well at least when she moults she will be hairy again...thats put my mind at rest...i was just so disappointed that the spider i recieved looked nothing like the pictures i had been given by the seller and although ive kept t's for a good few years ive normally been and collected any I bought but this time, i guess took a chance...and all my t's moult normally and ive never had a baldy baby before so wasnt too sure if i needed to do anything so again i thank you very much
          2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 rats, chile rose, salmon pink, nhandu chromatus baby, mexiacan redleg baby,versicolour, 1 sun conure, 3 budgies, 1 bearded dragon, 1 tokay gecko, 1 emperor scorp baby

Comment

Working...
          X