how can you tell male or female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can you tell male or female

hi everyone i was just wondering if there is any major difference between a male and female colbalt blue only i got one a couple of weeks ago and has roughly a 4 inch leg span might be a little bigger. i cant see no mating hooks or boxing gloves on the end of the pedipalps sorry for the poor description of body parts i cant remember there names. anyway this t,s legs are a little on the slender side and i would say the abdomen,s about the same size as the carapace. sorry i cant get a photo on here yet i will try soon but if anyone can give me a rough idea in the mean time i would really appreciate it many thanks.

Read THIS

Comment

cheers for that pete. i know you can tell what sex a t is from it,s molt and i know how it,s done many thanks for the the thread you found a really good read. i think what i meant was is there any difference in the color form between male and female colbalt blue. or is there any other sign apart from the obviouse ie males have smaller abdomen's longer thinner legs and so on. i think i'll just have to wait for it to molt so i can check properly. many thanks again for your help pete.

Comment

If I remember rightly, males are brown (obviously females blue) but I cant remember if that is the MM or not. (Its been a long time since I've kept them)

Comment

Here are photos of male and female
          Hope it helps
          Attached Files
          British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

thank,s for that ray i think the one i have may be male although the t looks more blue than the one in the photo. i guess i'll have to wait for a molt to be certain thanks again ray.

Comment

ok thanks pete. like i said to ray i'll have to wait for it to molt to be certain.

Comment

Working...
              X