Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" (Colombian Pumpkin Patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" (Colombian Pumpkin Patch)

Hi all I'm just looking for some advice about this species, I got a 1cm sling yesterday and although I have managed to find little snippets of information about the species on the web, I was wondering if anyone has kept these gorgeous little spiders before and if they could give me any information about them. And I do mean literally anything, it's all appreciated

Diolch/Thanks,

Dave
    “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

I would suggest it appreciates being on the damper side of things, so make sure it has at least an area of substrate that stays damp. Also, these kind of spiders often naturally live under rotting wood, so its likely to appreciate lots of cover in its home, which should also help keep humidity. I use bark in mine, but you have to be careful about bark going mouldy in damp conditions, replace it with fresh if you see mould and remove all traces of that. Its going to put down a fair amount of silk if its doing well. Finally, its worth figuring out if you got the large or small type. They were first traded in germany so gros=large and klein=small. Im dismayed to see that in the UK and USA these are sold without detail of which one of two types they are, which is going to cause no end of problems when people start swapping for breeding!
    British Tarantula Society
    My Lovely spiders:

Comment

Working...
    X