Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceratogyrus (Breeding query)

Hi,

I figured this is going to be the best place to ask this question. Between myself and a good friend, we own Ceratogyrus darlingi and marshalli adult females which we have both introduced males to. On both occasions the males were attacked and eaten fairly quickly and we are fairly certain that the courtship didn't reach the stage of insertions. However, in the last few days we have both noticed that these two have thinned down and laid a lot of webbing, without doubt an egg sac is the outcome. What I am unsure about is whether this genus is known to produce phantom egg sacs or whether these mate somewhat differently to other spiders and we in fact will have fertile egg sacs.

If anyone could shed some light on this we would be most grateful

Kindest Regards,

Will

P.S How do I go about changing my username so as to comply with the forum regulations?
    Last edited by Will Ong; 24-04-11, 05:41 PM. Reason: Added offtopic detail

If you contact me via email (michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk) with your full name I would be happy to change your username.
    MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
    -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
    -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
    | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
    -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

Username changed.
      MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
      -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
      -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
      | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
      -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

hey Will
        is it possible they got insertions but you just didn't see? it certainly sounds like a good sign...
        but i guess it's theoretically possible for any sp to do a phantom sac...
        good luck though!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X