P.chordatus behaviour change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.chordatus behaviour change

a few days ago i paired up my chordatus.....now beforehand she was a very placid wee beastie
    very easy going, steady moving

now since she has changed her demeanor totally, even an attempt to open her tub is greeted with her rushing in the direction of the disturbance then going all classic Pterror stance and repeatedly striking

also, she's decided to dig, something else she has never done

anyone else noticed a behavioural change in Pterrors after mating?

This one's just the same ....changeable.... some days calm and wanders back into her hide, some days a bit tense and holds her ground.

She's still looking a bit podgy by the way Steve, though not as much as i would have thought by this time.... still a work in progress it seems.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

my old lugardi was quite docile when i got her. she was not flighty or defensive.
      after having her babies though was the first time i got threat displays from her lol, trying to nudge her off a few slings so i could pot them up...understandable really!
      she did turn into a normal Pterinochilus soon after, though...
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

cheers for the update Colin.

I was going to put the male in for round 2 but i'm afraid he wont make it....and he's not mine, lol.

I found the same with lugardi too actually, pretty docile until after they're mated......it's as if theyre saying 'IT'S YOUR FAULT I'M IN THIS STATE YOU B........!'

Comment

Working...
        X