need new lid for exo terra tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new lid for exo terra tank

hi all. i dont suppose anyone could point me in the right direction to get a new or second hand lid for a 12 by 12 by 12 exo terra tank as one of the clips has snapped of the lid. the thing is if i cant find a lid i'll have to buy a new tank which i dont want to do unless i have no choise hope someone can help thanks.

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
    hi all. i dont suppose anyone could point me in the right direction
    Yep i could Try HERE

I would try at your local reptile shop first but if no joy then get in touch with the above website.

Comment

worth trying local shops, they could have had a cracked one delivered that the tops surplus to requirements.
      Other than the web site that Pete linked to, how about looking on E(vil)Bay or another of the online auction sites
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

thanks for your help pete and colin. im not to sure about the screen lids they look good but i would have to contact exo terra to see if there suitable for the tank i have looks like i'd have a mission making it fit i'll contact them see what they say. i'll phone round my local pet shops see if i have any luck thanks again to you very helpfull.

Comment

Re-reading your first post, why do you need to replace the lid just because a clip has broken off ?

As the exo has front opening doors just glue or silicone the lid on. . . . . Problem solved.

I've had exo's in the past and had no need to remove the lid for any reason

Comment

thats a good idea pete but i did read somewhere that it's a lot safer to go in from the top because if the spider decides to bolt for it there's more chance of it getting out if the doors are open. the lid still holds just i'll see if i can get another one if not i'll just have to be carefull. thanks for your help pete.

Comment

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
              thats a good idea pete but i did read somewhere that it's a lot safer to go in from the top because if the spider decides to bolt for it there's more chance of it getting out if the doors are open.
              Sounds like something that one of the 'Add water instant internet google experts' would say LOL

Comment

Working...
              X