Donations required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations required

As amny of you know I now spend most of my time in Panama and work (when i can) at the University Museum where the National collection is housed.

The University has no money, and i kean no moneym the Arachnologist and curator of the national arachnid collection has to buy the paint to paint the store and his lab from his own pocket, he has also had to buy the metal security door for his office (which then leads into the collection store) to stop other people breaking in and stealing equipment, the list goes on.

The national collection of theraphosid spiders is hoised in plastic bottles and food jars where the metal lids are now "welded" onto the tops of the jars, so specimens can only be accesed by breaking the jars.

I am askingg for donations of only £1 per person who commes to the BTS £1 will almost buy a proper killner jar, and if I can reach £500 we will have enough to buy jars that will house the theraphosid collection AND maybe start on the scorpion collection.
    I will be ordering a wall plack with the BTS logo and somethings along the lines of "The re curation of the specimens was started by donations by the members of the BTS 2011".

I will keep the members informed of how the re housing is going with photographs of the new jars and racks (a rack costs $25 and the university did not have the cash to buy ONE MORE to house the exspanding theraphosid collection).

Anyone who wishes to donate, I will have a display at the BTS with pics of the current housing, anyone not comming to the BTS please pn or email for details of how to donate

We thank you in advance

Ray

I can certainly make a little donation to this. See you Sat/Sun.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thanks Pete, you have no idea how we welcome all the help donated hopefully see u sat

Regards

Ray

Comment

More than happy to put something towards this Ray. I'll give you a fiver in the morning, see you there.

Comment

I would like ot take this opertunity to thank all the people who donated to the re housing fund for the national collection of Panama. I have been re housing spiders all day so have not counted up yet but I will post up in the next couple of days and let you all know the total.

For those who have Pmed me with offers and where to send donations i will reply asap

Thanks again

Ray

Comment

Hi Ray

We have a committee meeting next week and a £100 donation is on the agenda, i expect it will be a yes vote. Good to see you again on Saturday.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
            Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Working...
            X