S.Calceatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.Calceatum

Here's my slightly humorous top three most indispensable things that any S.Calceatum keeper shouldn't be without.

1. The longest pair of forceps/tweezers that money can buy
    2. A good sense of humour,or as in my case a nervous laugh (useful for when the tarantula covers 18" in 0.2 seconds offering fangs and not a handshake )
    3. A calm confident approach (at least on the outside )

This is a great Tarantula. A ferocious dispatcher or crickets,equipped with jaw dropping speed and in possession of some very intricate and interesting markings. And as an added bonus,enough attitude to keep an experienced keeper on their toes.
    Concentrate at all times.Treat with respect,not fear,and enjoy

They are lovely spiders, like their food I know. For a real sense of humour though try an Earth Tiger. I got a couple of slings yesterday, they're only about an inch long each. One has already attacked and overcome a cricket bigger than it which accidentally hoped into its container, (note: don't leave spider contanier and cricket tub open at the same time) and the other has tried to kill my foreceps. I haven't had them 24 hours yet !!!!!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
      Here's my slightly humorous top three most indispensable things that any S.Calceatum keeper shouldn't be without.

1. The longest pair of forceps/tweezers that money can buy
      2. A good sense of humour,or as in my case a nervous laugh (useful for when the tarantula covers 18" in 0.2 seconds offering fangs and not a handshake )
      3. A calm confident approach (at least on the outside )
      I completely agree!

I must admit, I spent about a week regretting buying mine! I bought four 3cm spiderlings about 5 months ago. I love them now though, probably my favourite out of my collection. The markings are beautiful. Unpacking them for the first time was quite an experience! Not for the faint hearted!

Jamie
      My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
        (useful for when the tarantula covers 18" in 0.2 seconds offering fangs and not a handshake )
        Anyone who was loitering round the Spider Shop tables late on Sunday may have seen me recreate this with a "dead" H.lividum

It was in a full death curl, so to attempt to perk it up I sprayed it vigorously with water, it sort of lifted a leg limply, I kept squirting, Stephen Copley said "Now you've drowned it". With that it burst into life, bolted across the table, dropped onto the floor and made a bid for freedom.

As I scooped it back into a tub, Lee said "So is that the dead spider yeah?"

Never trust a tarantula!

Comment

Working...
        X